[Food] Sheperds Pie

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Whats your recipe, I gotta make one tonight to serve 4
Mine so far which are well received (but I want a variation) include

Quality Lamb mince
Mash with a bit of dijon and spring onions
Matture cheddar grated and stung on top with one of them mini bunsen burner torches making is crispy
Red Onion diced
Garlic
Peas
'shrooms
Carrots
In a bit of gravy

A dollop of marmite
Some splashes of Worcester sauce
Bit of seasoning
Served with Garlic Bread or chips
Tommy K on the side (I put mine on the top)

Whats your improvement/changes/recipe

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
literacy-cat.jpg

Conelli98

Dec 18, 2016
Your recipe is fine...but I’m a tad concerned that you have to type in the dark. Can I send you 50p for the meter?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Hmmm been a while, similar to spag bol me thinks, in fact lots of mince dishes are similar, even chilli. So I'd go mince, diced carrots, corn, yes corn, I know, it's a bit left field, white onion, garlic, mixed herbs, chicken stock cube, and mash, it really is that simple. Make it all up, throw it all in a dish and sprinkle plenty of cheese over the mash and put it at around 200 in the oven for around an hour. Luvvverely jubberley.

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
My litracy and grama is orlright thanks, typos I do make cos often I am typing in the dark. Do you have a recipe then?

Yes.

1. Take 1 tin of Sheba, remove contents and place in dish.
2. Take 90g of Smash, add 450ml (approx. 3/4 pint) of boiling water, mix with a fork. Add more flakes or water for desired texture. (Chef's Tip! For an even more smashing taste, add butter or milk and season with salt & pepper).
3. Dump the prepared Smash on top of the Sheba.
4. Bung the dish in the oven at 180 degrees and leave until cooked.
5. Remove dish from oven and whack the contents onto your plates.
6. Remove cutlery from the cutlery drawer and place a fork in your left hand and a knife in your right hand.
7. Repeat step 6 for as many guests as you are hosting.
8. Use knife and fork to manoeuvre a suitable portion of the Shepherd's Pie onto the fork.
9. Bring the fork to your mouth and enter the tunnel.
10. Masticate until the food is suitably digestible, then swallow.
11. Repeat steps 8-10 until the Shepherd's Pie is finished
12. Encourage your guests to complete stages 8-11 until they too have finished their Shepherd's Pie.
13. Retire with your guests to the living room.
14. Regurgitate fur ball if needed to settle comfortably

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Fry the finely chopped onions until beyond golden brown but not burnt and then add the mince and do the same. You,want the mince just off crispy as it enhances the flavour and look

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
This thread is getting more and more ott the longer it goes on.

All splendid recipes l agree, but the moment you start adding the likes of marmite, mustard, and even cheese, then it is no longer a traditional shepherd's pie.. And as for Smash and Sheba . . . dear oh dear.

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free

All splendid recipes l agree, but the moment you start adding the likes of marmite, mustard, and even cheese, then it is no longer a traditional shepherd's pie.. And as for Smash and Sheba . . . dear oh dear.

Name me one NSC thread which has actually stayed on topic from start to finish.

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
Whats your recipe, I gotta make one tonight to serve 4
Mine so far which are well received (but I want a variation) include

Quality Lamb mince
Mash with a bit of dijon and spring onions
Matture cheddar grated and stung on top with one of them mini bunsen burner torches making is crispy
Red Onion diced
Garlic
Peas
'shrooms
Carrots
In a bit of gravy

A dollop of marmite
Some splashes of Worcester sauce
Bit of seasoning
Served with Garlic Bread or chips
Tommy K on the side (I put mine on the top)

Whats your improvement/changes/recipe

Looks good, but try adding a dash of nutmeg and a sprinkling of rosemary in there too, really tops it off

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

Did your mrs refuse sex this morning? You are one angry man.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Once you've put your meat mix into the tray push in some cooked brussel sprouts. This works even better if you can build the pie and then leave 24 hours before baking as the flavour increases.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Inclined to agree....about half those ingredients for me...but hey its always interesting to hear other peoples views ...have to say its one of my favourites ...brings back memories of my Mum on a Monday using the leftover meat from a Sunday roast ..with one of those manual metal meat grinders (?) that could be fixed to the side of a table

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here