• Siberian Tiger

Votes: 32 58.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
We're down to the final two ties of the second round. The next one is another intriguing match up and one which is very difficult to call: textbook WHC. The Bobbit Worm's moment of TV fame catapulted it into the limelight and the WHC buzz suggests that it could be a credible candidate for the title but it has a mountain to climb just to make it to the quarter finals. The Bobbit Worm didn't have things all its own way in the group stages, coming home in third in a weak group behind the Great White Shark and the Tasmanian Devil. The Siberian Tiger also made it through in third place but in a tougher group, beating off a Grizzly Bear rather than a Basset Hound. Neither has shone in the tournament so far and both will be looking to raise their game now that the main event has begun.

Bobbit Worm - 3rd place in Group D with 19 votes - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eunice_aphroditois
Bobbit Worm.jpg
Look at it. Just look at it! The Bobbit Worm certainly has the appearance of a WHC contender, all spikes and angry colours. A predator that lies in wait on the ocean floor, plotting ambush, it is essentially one massive trip wire growing up to a metre long. When it senses its prey it attacks with such ferocity it can rip the hapless victim in two. Examples have been found in aquariums that arrived in imported rock. One was found in Woking in 2013... http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-surrey-24523612 so I need to swing past and see if its still there, sitting on the counter looking all angry. Scientific research is still catching up with this ocean horror show so 'hard' facts remain thin on the ground but the BW has certainly caught the imagination this time out.

Siberian Tiger - 3rd place in Group A with 15 votes - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siberian_tiger
Siberian Tiger.jpg
The largest cat in the world! Anything that hangs out in Siberia voluntarily has to be hard, right? Roaming hundreds of miles and inhabiting inhospitable terrain, Siberian tigers spend their days mating all year round. In winter when many species are taking it easy or shedding their summer fat, the ST ups its game and kills larger prey more often. Some tigers have been known to imitate the call of bears in order to attract them: an indisputably hard trick. Human fatalities have occurred over the years although the Tiger is not a man-eater by inclination. A classic apex predator, the ST will be a match for any of its WHC competitors.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
No, no, no.

WHC is a WEEKDAY event. You can't have polls over the weekend, you'll miss all those voters who only use NSC during the working week.

EDIT: Bobbit Worm obviously.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Of all the apex predators, this is one that is hard. A solitary predator often hunting prey larger than itself, it will go in for a fight. Hardest of the apexs in my opinion.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Bounce!

Last day of voting and polling has been very low in this match up (match day in the way). The Bobbit Worm attracted a lot if early attention but there's no denying that the critter is in big trouble now.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Come on Team Bobbit Worm. Where are you? Where are you? Let's be 'aving you, HIC!
If the tiger lived in the sea, it would be dragged down in to the undersand lair of the Bobbit Worm and eaten alive in a couple of minutes.
If the Bobbit Worm lived in a Russian Birch Forest, it would sneak out from behind a tree when the tiger wasn't looking and jump on its neck and strangle it. Then drag it in to the sea and pull it in to its undersand lair and eat bits of it at its leisure. Only one winner here.
COME ON YOU WORM!

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Both are going to need to do much more if they are going to get past the quarters. A lethargic encounter. Expect scathing post-match comment of MOTD WHC this evening. Shearer might even raise an eyebrow of dismay.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
POLL CLOSED - BOBBIT WORM 23 SIBERIAN TIGER 32

ST.jpg

Easy as you like. The Siberian Tiger relaxes after cruising to victory over the Bobbit Worm. The Bobbit Worm couldn't maintain its early pace and simply ran out of gas against its more experienced opponent. The quarter final is starting to take on a very familiar appearance.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
poll closed - bobbit worm 23 siberian tiger 32

View attachment 93343

easy as you like. The siberian tiger relaxes after cruising to victory over the bobbit worm. The bobbit worm couldn't maintain its early pace and simply ran out of gas against its more experienced opponent. The quarter final is starting to take on a very familiar appearance.

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
This is an outrage. Sneaking the Bobbit Worm in over the weekend. Certainly would have had my vote. There is going to be an outcry.

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Bounce!

Last day of voting and polling has been very low in this match up (match day in the way). The Bobbit Worm attracted a lot if early attention but there's no denying that the critter is in big trouble now.

Disgrace that this is was pushed out over the weekend.

Fix!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
I like the Bobbit. But in a pound-for-pound contest, who would win a fight between the two? If the tiger was only a metre long, the same size as the worm? It would still eat it for breakfast. Has to be the cat.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
What did the Bobbit Worm do in order that this match should be played behind closed doors?
Surely a rematch is on the cards?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
This is an absolute FARCE.

It makes a MOCKERY of the whole competition. It will taint this year's winner because it hasn't been played on a level playing field.

I DEMAND a rematch.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here