Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leo Ulloa [IS BACK]

seagulls99

Feb 10, 2012
It is indeed close. Last I heard was not definite at all but all sides wanting the deal.. Payment of Leo’s wages the struggle as it was in the summer.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
There is no way I have ever thought that Ulloa is better than Murray - even when Leo was playing for us and we had let Glenn go to Palace.

Really ? I’d say he’s better in all departments.

Quicker , better feet , better movement, better linking up play , and marginally more accurate in the air in front of goal , though Murray is no slouch in that department

Murray only slightly better at penalties.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I'd like to think that whomever we got in was an improvement on Glenn and Leo.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Really ? I’d say he’s better in all departments.

Quicker , better feet , better movement, better linking up play , and marginally more accurate in the air in front of goal , though Murray is no slouch in that department

Murray only slightly better at penalties.

I remember thinking he was too slow...in the Championship, it’s a no from me.

My memory may be playing tricks on me but I seem to remember him going to ground way too easily and not only in the box.

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
At best, Murray is way better than Ulloa in my opinion, but a motivated new face could still help.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
There is no way I have ever thought that Ulloa is better than Murray - even when Leo was playing for us and we had let Glenn go to Palace.

The one thing that Leo has that Glenn doesn't, is time. At 35 next birthday this may be Glenn Murray's last hurrah in the Premier League. Having said that, all that l am interested in IS this season, and one or either of them scoring enough goals to keep us there.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Apparently in Leicester they don’t think Leo is prem quality.

He probably isn’t but for the extended championship (bottom 10 of Prem) I’d say be can do a job. Also worth noting that he is younger than Glenn.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He probably isn’t but for the extended championship (bottom 10 of Prem) I’d say be can do a job. Also worth noting that he is younger than Glenn.

My Nan is younger than Glenn, and she's been dead 25 years. :lol:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that it would be a far better option and one that I would prefer, to have either Glenn or Leo start and then bring on the other when he tires rather than have only Hemed as an option.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Leo Ulloa

I remember thinking he was too slow...in the Championship, it’s a no from me.

My memory may be playing tricks on me but I seem to remember him going to ground way too easily and not only in the box.

I’m not saying I want him , just I think as if this moment he’s a bit better than Murray in all departments.

On arrival he hit the deck a lot, used to falling over in Spain on contact and getting a soft free kick .

He soon learnt that wasn’t going to happen here

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Murray vs Ulloa - not much in it at all for me. Both top players. I feel like some have forgotten just what a finisher Murray is just because we’ve struggled if late.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
You got a link for their quote ?

From 'Foxes talk' - some examples :

-Good move for both Ulloa just isn't premier league quality I'm afraid. If both Ulloa and Slimani go then surely Puel must have someone lined up?

-Also, just so we are clear, I've never rated Ulloa as a footballer, especially as a premium league footballer, so I couldn't give a monkeys if he goes. It's about having the best players and the best team.

-I don't particularly rate Ulloa but I respect his contribution to our club which undeniably helped keep us in the PL.

-No where near the standard we need...zero effort when he does get on the pitch. One of the most baffling decisions the club has made when they rewarded his disloyalty with a bumper new contract

https://www.foxestalk.co.uk/topic/114295-ulloa/?page=6

More amusingly, they rate him as a penalty taker :laugh:

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
Absolutely astounds me that people don't want Ulloa on loan.

Hemed is not good enough at this level.

Ulloa, Murray and the new guy means we have OPTIONS. height, power and hopefully pace. A bit more EPL experience thrown in. And a popular guy in the drsssing room.

Our system is currently built around Murray. Having Ulloa added to that would be GREAT.

Regardless of whether you rate he or Murray higher (for me, Murray, but Lep knocks a few years off him), realistically we are not going to go big on a third striker so getting a Premier League winner on loan would be a fantastic coup.

Really is astonishing how greedy and deluded some of our fans are. They'd rather get excited about an unknown foreigner than a sensible loan acquisition. Mad.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here