Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leo Ulloa [IS BACK]

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
He's not what we need as he's the same as hemed and Murray who also have zero pace.If this young lad gets crocked again we'll have a bunch of slow worms up front.
Let's get another young player with pace which will be an asset to the club .

Bored of ex players coming back and bored of the many fans obsessed with them.....

He'd be an improvement on Hemed though. Imagine how great it would be to have Murray, Ulloa, Locadia and another pacey striker up front - which I believe is what we're going for

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He's not what we need as he's the same as hemed and Murray who also have zero pace.If this young lad gets crocked again we'll have a bunch of slow worms up front.

Bored of ex players coming back and bored of the many fans obsessed with them.....

What piece of proven ability rather than possible potential dont you understand. He is an upgrade on Hemed and also possibly GM but would be nice to have the better option.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

I'm neither obsessed or worried about ex-players coming back. If they are able to strengthen us, I wouldn't make a judgement on whether they've played for us before, I'd make a judgement can they improve us.

I think Ulloa is a better player for the Premier League than Hemed, possibly better than Murray. Even if they're similar players, I think Ulloa will be more dangerous. Therefore he is an option that adds to what we have. His past is irrelevant, it is what happens in the future that counts.

abc

Jan 6, 2007
I don't get the resistance to Ulloa. If he just plays three games (perhaps before Locadia is fit) and scores just one goal that earns us a win, then that 3 points could keep us in the EPL. He is at least capable of that so get him in now

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I'm neither obsessed or worried about ex-players coming back. If they are able to strengthen us, I wouldn't make a judgement on whether they've played for us before, I'd make a judgement can they improve us.

I think Ulloa is a better player for the Premier League than Hemed, possibly better than Murray. Even if they're similar players, I think Ulloa will be more dangerous. Therefore he is an option that adds to what we have. His past is irrelevant, it is what happens in the future that counts.
That's your opinion on him and FairPlay...but he's rusty and hasn't done anything since his 7 goals he scored in his first season at Leicester.
So we bring him in and hemed and Murray will get hacked off on the bench while picking up a nice wage.He won't be any different than Murray and I'd suspect Murray has done far better in this league than ulloa :)

Would be pointless ....

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I don't get the resistance to Ulloa. If he just plays three games (perhaps before Locadia is fit) and scores just one goal that earns us a win, then that 3 points could keep us in the EPL. He is at least capable of that so get him in now
I bet you wouldn't say that if you had to pay his 30/40k wages a week:lolol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
New fella
Offload Tomer to make way for Leo on loan.
Murray?
Baldock, even more, ??'s

Chances are that leaves this squad with 1 striker next Summer.

What could possibly go wrong :thumbsup:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
That's your opinion on him and FairPlay...but he's rusty and hasn't done anything since his 7 goals he scored in his first season at Leicester.
So we bring him in and hemed and Murray will get hacked off on the bench while picking up a nice wage.He won't be any different than Murray and I'd suspect Murray has done far better in this league than ulloa :)

Would be pointless ....

Murray's and Ulloa's premier league scoring records are almost identical, Murray 17 in 74, Ulloa 18 in 82.

There are very few Premier League experienced strikers available, if any. We have signed what we hope will be a PL live wire, but we all know we'll have to wait with a serious amount of fingers crossed.

You might be right, but for a short loan to the end of the season, I'd take the risk and have him there to give it a go. If Murray were to get injured / suspended, I'd be happy to Ulloa there to step in. You could always send Hemed out on loan if you're worried about the wages.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Finally pulled my finger out to look at Leicester's 'but they made 10 changes' squad.

Who out of:-

Gray
Iheanacho
Vardy
&
Mahrez or Diabaté

Who would you have dropped to make way for Leo?

You've got to be a bit silly to join these dots.
I don't for one minute dispute the fact he'll leave, but not because he's been left out today.

Left out pretty much all season - Yes of course he'll leave sooner rather than later.
Left out today - So :shrug:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here