Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] World's Hardest Creature XI - 2nd Round - Grasshopper Mouse v Grizzly Bear

Who's the hardest?

• Grasshopper Mouse

Votes: 44 52.4%
  • Grizzly Bear

Votes: 40 47.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
The 2nd round continues with this, the sixth of eight ties. And what a tie. Brute force meets attitude in this classic WHC encounter. The Grasshopper Mouse came homier third in the group stage however; it did find itself in the Group of Death. While it trailed the Croc and Hippo it also comfortably saw off the Orca, Mantis Shrimp, Elephant Seal and even the West Sussex Slug. The Grizzly was the final qualifier in the opening group. While the fact that it was soundly beaten by the Black Swallower might have raised eyebrows it must also be remembered that it easily saw off Jaguar, Wolverine and Box Jellyfish among others. Here we go...

Grasshopper Mouse - 3rd place in Group B with 19 votes - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grasshopper_mouse
Grasshopper Mouse.jpg
This ballsy rodent has become something of a WHC fan favourite in recent years and it's easy to see why. If your definition of hard goes beyond bulk and teeth then this crazy character arguably has what it takes to go all the way. It howls at the moon, it fights scorpions, it patrols huge territories and, when the chips are down, will indulge in cannibalism to protect its patch. It's a mouse that has found itself in a patch of desert with a large concentration of toxic foes. The Grasshopper Mouse has developed immunity to the sting of the Bark Scorpion and has even developed the ability to convert its neurotoxins into painkillers. When in scorpion battle the GM will repeatedly bite through its foe's exoskeleton, eventually paralysing it. When not scrapping scorpions the GM will take down grasshoppers, centipedes, spiders, lizards and even snakes. The GM's territory can be up to 28 acres in size, which it governs by getting on its hind legs and howling.

Grizzly Bear - 4th place in Group A with 13 votes - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grizzly_bear
Grizzly Bear.jpg
The Grizzly's reputation has been earned following a number of dust ups with mankind over the years. Unlike other bears the Grizzly is not inclined to take fight and engage in a spot of tree climbing. It will stand its ground and fight. It is said that the force of their bite is such that they could crush a bowling ball. While their diet is omnivorous and therefore not 100% hard, they will chow down on larger mammals when available, including moose and even bison. In a straightforward match up the Grizzly would doubtless simply step on the GM but that counts for little in the AnimalDome. Does the Grizzly really have the cojones to go toe to toe with its diminutive opponent in the WHC Arena?

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
This competition is teetering on an edge. We could have miscreants like the swallower, mouse and badger getting through, or true warriors of the animal world like the great white, orca and grizzly. The entire credibility of the competition is hanging by a thread

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
This competition is teetering on an edge. We could have miscreants like the swallower, mouse and badger getting through, or true warriors of the animal world like the great white, orca and grizzly. The entire credibility of the competition is hanging by a thread

Agreed. Some utter MORONS don't understand the competition at all and are just voting for big apex predators who literally don't do anything hard at all.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Agreed. Some utter MORONS don't understand the competition at all and are just voting for big apex predators who literally don't do anything hard at all.
Some WANKERS are taking this far too seriously.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I am a massive Mouse fan, but in this occasion I have to give my vote to the Bear. I scares the shit out of me.

That said, the mouse is a worthy contender. Pound for pound it is bloody hard!

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003

You don't get to BE an apex predator without being HARD AS NAILS. That's millions of year's of evolution right there, survival of the HARDEST, to paraphrase Herbert Spencer. Jeez, some people are such utter MORONS

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Some WANKERS are taking this far too seriously.

It's almost like you don't understand the tongue-in-cheek nature of all of this, fella. :thumbsup:

It's The World's Hardest Creature, it's all bravado.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
You don't get to BE an apex predator without being HARD AS NAILS. That's millions of year's of evolution right there, survival of the HARDEST, to paraphrase Herbert Spencer. Jeez, some people are such utter MORONS

So....cockroaches should win every year, easily, right? "Standing around doing nothing" is hard, apparently.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
So....cockroaches should win every year, easily, right? "Standing around doing nothing" is hard, apparently.

No. cockroaches are not apex predators. They're just tough little buggers like the tardigrade, who I have no truck with either. You are DEFLECTING.

Apex predators are to be revered and respected. We get too blase about them when we see them in zoos and on telly and make cuddly toys and cute cartoons of them. Give them an inch in their natural environment and they will HAVE you for dinner, and leave your bones for someone else's breakfast. They are killing machines.

Or you could choose a badger with an attitude problem, or a passive fish with a big mouth. Or a mouse with a, what the **** does the mouse even have, it eats its own children, is that it? jeez

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Grasshopper Mouse should walk this. Absolutely brimming with pound-for-pound hardness, and is the most head-mental creature in the competition.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The grasshopper mouse only lives for a few weeks to a few months in the wild. It doesn't even make it to winter, let alone try and cope with it. Pathetic? Yeah.

So some of them must live through the winter months, or else they would be extinct? They are immune to scorpion and snake venom.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Grasshopper Mouse should walk this. Absolutely brimming with pound-for-pound hardness, and is the most head-mental creature in the competition.

Well Hannibal Lecter is a cannibal and a bit mental and I can HOWL if I want but neither Hannibal nor I would win a fight against a well trained heavyweight boxer. Being mental and being hard are two different things. It's a MOUSE FFS.

jezza.jpg

Poor decision

and another one!

WTF. I had you down as intelligent

Intelligence based decision. As above the mouse might be a bit mad but he'd never take on a grizzly. He'd just howl a bit and then go home and chomp his kids, and then die before winter set in.

Honey Badger would take on the grizzly without thinking though. Oh yes.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
So some of them must live through the winter months, or else they would be extinct? They are immune to scorpion and snake venom.

;) They cuddle up in little burrows. They're too small to hibernate for long or they'd die.

Plus since when was being immune to venom 'hard'. Its just some sensor proteins that block pain signalling. Might as well give it to the clownfish then, Nemo, the world's hardest animal :)

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
;) They cuddle up in little burrows. They're too small to hibernate for long or they'd die.

Plus since when was being immune to venom 'hard'. Its just some sensor proteins that block pain signalling. Might as well give it to the clownfish then, Nemo, the world's hardest animal :)

They certainly don't cuddle up. One grasshopper mouse rules his/her territory which is about 28 acres. They only tolerate one other mouse and that's for mating purposes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here