Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Put Goldson up front

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Time to think outside the box. If Adam Virgo can do it then Connor can too. He's too good to be on the bench and the only game he's played, he actually looked more like scoring than anyone. And we won. Let's face it we're not going to sign a striker so we need to do something radical.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'd rather stay inside the box thanks all the same :thumbsup:

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Time to think outside the box. If Adam Virgo can do it then Connor can too. He's too good to be on the bench and the only game he's played, he actually looked more like scoring than anyone. And we won. Let's face it we're not going to sign a striker so we need to do something radical.

:rolleyes:

Don't call us.........

We'll call you

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Wasn't Chris Sutton a CB?

Or was it Kenny Burns? Oh no, other way around.

Sutton was but I think he's a bit too old now. My girlfriend says he was good with his head in and around the box. But I don't think she really knows what that means.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Nah, just bring your boots on Saturday.

The club could make money by selling lottery tickets for a quid, and before the game they announce the winner and they play as our striker. We'd make money on the ticket sales.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
In the 70s/80s Wimbledon invited about 50 young kids to play for them at the fields at the end of the A3 at Kingston Vale then had a a short practice match and picked the XI for the game from them. Perhaps we should do the same at 11.30 at the Uni pitch :lolol:

Last edited:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

No he can't. He's going out on loan (provided we can get cover in). Hughton has just confirmed this on Sky Sports.

Gazz15

May 13, 2014
Newhaven
Why on earth would you loan out your most promising young player at this time?

Did Hughton say anything else re: inward movements or developments?

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Why on earth would you loan out your most promising young player at this time?

I know - madness, isn't it?

He's already played 12 first team matches in the last season-and-a-half; the very last thing he needs right now is four months of regular playing time.

Hughton out!

Gazz15

May 13, 2014
Newhaven
I know - madness, isn't it?

He's already played 12 first team matches in the last season-and-a-half; the very last thing he needs right now is four months of regular playing time.

Hughton out!

If we need him, what then?

Quite how he isn't being given a regular run in the side is baffling too, looked totally commanding v Watford.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006

Hows the Mrs?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
If we need him, what then?

Quite how he isn't being given a regular run in the side is baffling too, looked totally commanding v Watford.

Erm..if you read it again it did say if we get someone in first ..yes he was good against Watford ..one game perhaps not enough to say ok you’ve got the spot until the end of the season ..and whilst I don’t want to diminish his appearance in anyway (it was great to see him back) it was a pretty toothless Watford attack imho

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
It doesn't matter who you put up front if we don't give them the ball or put decent crosses in.

Gazz15

May 13, 2014
Newhaven
Erm..if you read it again it did say if we get someone in first ..yes he was good against Watford ..one game perhaps not enough to say ok you’ve got the spot until the end of the season ..and whilst I don’t want to diminish his appearance in anyway (it was great to see him back) it was a pretty toothless Watford attack imho

Yes, and I never said give him a spot to the end of the season.

Cover or not, to release him would be another act of folly.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here