Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] Hair Transplants / Syrups

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Being 55 and having the hair of a 21 year old Nordic sex god the issue for me i hope will not happen , but i bumped in to my balding Brother after the palace cup game and having not seen him for about 4 months i noticed a distinct growth of head hair where previously there was none , after taking the piss a bit i asked how much it had cost etc and it ran in to thousands with more treatment to come , he was over the moon with it and said it was worth every penny so fair play to that , my question to NSC is would you consider hair transplant or perhaps a syrup if you started losing your hair ? i can't imagine it but it's something i need to know now as the striker question seems irrelevant compared to hair loss , my old pal Peanut Roaster wears a curly syrup and it's that good he sometimes wears it back to front for a style change and he loves it and never leaves the house without it . :afro:

Jan 30, 2008
Being 55 and having the hair of a 21 year old Nordic sex god the issue for me i hope will not happen , but i bumped in to my balding Brother after the palace cup game and having not seen him for about 4 months i noticed a distinct growth of head hair where previously there was none , after taking the piss a bit i asked how much it had cost etc and it ran in to thousands with more treatment to come , he was over the moon with it and said it was worth every penny so fair play to that , my question to NSC is would you consider hair transplant or perhaps a syrup if you started losing your hair ? i can't imagine it but it's something i need to know now as the striker question seems irrelevant compared to hair loss , my old pal Peanut Roaster wears a curly syrup and it's that good he sometimes wears it back to front for a style change and he loves it and never leaves the house without it . :afro:

what about shaving your pubes off ???
regards
DR

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
7CF662C6-9252-4628-816A-F3EB36C3F930.jpeg

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I started balding when I was 20. I’m now 49 and rock a Richard Fairbrass look (or Phil Mitchell if I’ve not been running much). I’d look utterly stupid with hair now so it’s a no from me even if technology made it cheap and easy.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Hereditary hair loss here, head like a novelty biscuit tin, not too fussed, just waiting for the albino look.

Love it when the kids take the piss and you tell them it's hereditary!:cool:

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Apparently you can now get an operation done, where they take some folicles from the most dense part of your head, and re-plant them in the baldier parts - sort of spreading the percentages so to speak. Nice holiday to Turkey chucked in too. Less than £2000.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Well hair was very important being a young Psychobilly back in the 80s as it thinned out I went for the more Rockabilly look and then...... aaaarrrrggghh

I would take a magic pill if available, but an operation or wig nah, it's been ten years now, and at 48 I should really stop wrecking anyway.....

Attachments

• e8fb3b61f2f8e625f3f0071ee2cd36f6--barber-haircuts-short-haircuts.jpg
    e8fb3b61f2f8e625f3f0071ee2cd36f6--barber-haircuts-short-haircuts.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 404
  • 172715762.jpg
    172715762.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 399
  • 1d7f5177acc3c10fbf525a13615a8fa0--mens-cuts-mens-hair.jpg
    1d7f5177acc3c10fbf525a13615a8fa0--mens-cuts-mens-hair.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 398

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Why is it ok for women to enhance their looks by all manner of means including wigs and shaving off eyebrows only to pencil or tattoo them back again, plus shaving the old clunge into shapes or totally bald, yet a bloke only has to put a syrup on his head to make himself feel more confident and he gets the piss ripped out of him.
True, some rugs look awful so a good blend is needed but nevertheless.
Some guys look dreadful bald and it can ruin your self esteem, so to mock the poor geezer is soul destroying.
You need the dosh for plugs but as Wayne Rooney found out they sometimes don't work, but some look great.
So leave wig wearers alone, it's not clever and it's not funny.

Jan 30, 2008
Why is it ok for women to enhance their looks by all manner of means including wigs and shaving off eyebrows only to pencil or tattoo them back again, plus shaving the old clunge into shapes or totally bald, yet a bloke only has to put a syrup on his head to make himself feel more confident and he gets the piss ripped out of him.
True, some rugs look awful so a good blend is needed but nevertheless.
Some guys look dreadful bald and it can ruin your self esteem, so to mock the poor geezer is soul destroying.
You need the dosh for plugs but as Wayne Rooney found out they sometimes don't work, but some look great.
So leave wig wearers alone, it's not clever and it's not funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OJ01psE6wc:facepalm:

exactly !

regards
DR

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
I contemplated it, but you need to spend a LOT of money if you're serious about it. There are cheaper places around the UK and world, but you don't want to get a bad job done as the results can be horrific and even more expensive to resolve. Realistically you also need to take medication for the rest of your life (has some less than desirable side effects) and if you get it done 'early' to treat a receding hairline, then you'll likely need another operation once the hair behind your transplanted hair starts to go.

I totally get the desire, when you lose your Barnet, especially the hairline you actually look like a completely different person. However in the end I thought I'd see what I looked like with a shaved head, luckily I am like a good-looking, harder version of Jason Statham. Although my mates say I actually look like Daniel Craig's dad, so I guess it's all in the eye of the beholder.

Never looked at wigs but there are some REALLY good ones nowadays. I've bitten the baldy bullet so no point going back.

If anyone is serious about a transplant they should browse the 'hairrestorationnetwork' forums. Do not just go with a 'good deal'. Please!

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
I'm ginger and I've routinely heard people tell me they'd "rather be bald than ginger ". So on the weight of public opinion I probably wouldn't.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Well it's very nice of you to offer but i'm ok at the moment thanks to my excellent Braun multi purpose hair trimmer .

Oh god. I just laughed so hard I did a little poo. Well, I think its little....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here