Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Do the club 'get it' ?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Following the clubs social media today, who have been celebrating our up coming 150th league game at the Amex, have been posting various matches and asking what is 'Your favourite Amex League Game' note not memorable, but 'Your Favourite'

One of their suggestions was the 0-1 game against Burnley where we had Vincelot and Barnes sent off ?

Is there ANYONE in our fan base that would consider this one of their 'favourite games' at the AMEX?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Following the clubs social media today, who have been celebrating our up coming 150th league game at the Amex, have been posting various matches and asking what is 'Your favourite Amex League Game' note not memorable, but 'Your Favourite'

One of their suggestions was the 0-1 game against Burnley where we had Vincelot and Barnes sent off ?

Is there ANYONE in our fan base that would consider this one of their 'favourite games' at the AMEX?

Something special DID happen in that game. To be down to 9 men after 20mins, and play that well, with the whole ground singing The Great Escape for the next 70mins, it was one of the real Amex era moments – we gave it such a go that I've never been so proud after a defeat. That CMS SHOULD have had a hat trick still sticks in my craw!!!

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

I always look upon that game as the day 'we' took ownership of the AMEX.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Not my favourite game but one of the most memorable. The atmosphere that game was something else

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Something special DID happen in that game. To be down to 9 men after 20mins, and play that well, with the whole ground singing The Great Escape for the next 70mins, it was one of the real Amex era moments – we gave it such a go that I've never been so proud after a defeat. That CMS SHOULD have had a hat trick still sticks in my craw!!!

So in 150 games, would it even be in your top 5 favourite games? I don't think ANY Game we have lost at the Amex would be in my top 20 FAVOURITE games

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
So in 150 games, would it even be in your top 5 favourite games? I don't think ANY Game we have lost at the Amex would be in my top 20 FAVOURITE games

You seem to be getting enough responses to justify the club mentioning it...which is all they've done.

Have you thought of one of those executive stress relieving toys rather than getting worked up at just about anything the club is doing right now?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It can be an iconic moment without being a FAVOURITE. I can think of at least six games I prefer just from a very quick think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
After the 2nd red, that was without a doubt the most POISONOUS atmosphere at the Amex I have experienced. The sheer bile and abuse that was raining down from the stands on the ref was something to behold.

Fantastic.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015

Yes, me.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Coor we are a miserable lot at the moment aren't we

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
After the 2nd red, that was without a doubt the most POISONOUS atmosphere at the Amex I have experienced. The sheer bile and abuse that was raining down from the stands on the ref was something to behold.

Fantastic.

Craig Pawson wasn't it? Both wrong, what a twonk.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
May 8, 2007
Toronto

Definitely not. I missed that game because I had Norovirus. So it's memorable for all the wrong reasons. Listening on the radio whilst emptying my body of anything I'd consumed in the previous 24 hours out of both ends!

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
In a funny way the Sheffield Wednesday play off game was the same. Never forget the way we got behind the team that night.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
The St. Patrick’s Day massacre was my favourite. The Burnley game was memorable for the crowd reaction.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003

Yeah it was great. Best Amex atmosphere right up until Massive.

phazza

Aug 17, 2012
Craig Pawson wasn't it? Both wrong, what a twonk.

I saw vincelot lunch their player in in the back . That one was spot on . They should have had at least one sent off. Amazing atmosphere. The great escape was brilliant. Never enjoyed a defeat before

Acker79

Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Most games merge into one for me, so I would struggle to list distinct games. My favourite games tend to be the ones that stick out, often for reasons other than the result. The Burnley game is one of them (atmosphere, non-sensical decision not to send off the burnley player who put his hands around Barnes's throat while he was laying on the floor unable to do much to protect himself, venom directed at the ref). The Leeds 3-3 with a late late equaliser from Leeds was another (the sheer frustration of the stupidity of the launched ball, and the lack of anything resembling a defence as it came right back). Mostly I tend to remember moments.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here