Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Nike - keep or ditch?

When the current shirt contract expires would you keep Nike or ditch Nike?

• Keep Nike

Votes: 33 22.0%
  • Ditch Nike

Votes: 117 78.0%

• Total voters

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 8, 2005
When the current shirt contract expires would you stick with Nike or ditch Nike?

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Personally ditch, go for a supplier that will give us proper bespoke home kit and enough to sell

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Is it a major issue and it will obviously depend on the finances received etc I personally would say ditch because they do not make polo shirts or sportswear big enough for me. For the small amount I spend it would not be an issue to the club.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Adidas would be iconic in exactly the same way that Skint was. Voted ditch bland generic template-driven Nike. Obviously.

Anything to stop NSC - or someone- getting a couple of hundred good-lookig Adidas-crafted tops run off in Asia? Can't BEAR that piss-poor Nike shit.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I haven't liked any of the Nike home shirts although I appear to be in the minority as we keep getting told that each one has sold in record numbers (surely more down to success on the pitch and a growing number of fans rather than who makes the kit?). I'd hoped that this would at least be offset by better training and leisure products compared to Errea...but no that range has IMHO been poor also. So for me it's ditch them.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
As others have said, ditch IF for Adidas.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I don't care what spin Mr Barber puts on it, the fact that the new home shirt was out of supply for 3+ months this season was buffoonery of a weapons grade scale. Whether that was the club getting the numbers completely wrong, or Nike being unable to meet the demand in a timely manner, or a combination of the two matters not. Empty shelves from August to November on our return to the top flight was piss-poor.

I'm struggling here. Barber...you talk a good game, you've always got an answer for everything, and...no no....no. I'm talking now, you've more than had your say. You've got an answer for everything, and its usually longer than the Gettysburg address. You are on thin ice.

But Nike. You've had since last May to come up with enough home shirts, and yet you'd run out of them by the end of August. I'm still not sure about the shoulders frankly, and BensGrandad can barely get a polo shirt down past his neck. I'm sorry, but you've been a shambles from the start. And for that reason....you're fired.

Barber. Go back to the Amex, but don't be under any illusions. You need to up your game if you want to stay in the process. Now get out.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Never bought a Nike product and I'm not going to start so if the club wants to encourage me to spend my hard earned on merchandise then they have to ditch.

Could I just mention "child labour" here?

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Kappa for me.

#SideBoobie.

CheeseRolls

Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
The kit is one thing, although I think they have nailed it this season (aside from supply issues)
Leisure wear and merchandise no thanks.
Bloody stupid marketing slogans - grrrrr Stamford Bridge had "We are Chelsea", " We are London", "We are everyone" around the middle tier of the stadium. Every club they are involved in gets a similarly banal bunch of codswallop slogans.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here