Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] New grounds you can get to next season...

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
... without changing trains from Brighton.

At present (from memory), you'd need to change trains to go to any away match (from Brighton) except Portsmouth, Southampton, Luton Town and - at a push - Bristol City. Of course, I'm talking about places within reasonable walking distances from station to ground. I'm sure someone could add to that list, and it's not counting 'specials'.

From May 2018, the Thameslink expansion means you can catch a train from Brighton, and not have change if you wanted to go to Arsenal, Stevenage, Cambridge United and Peterborough United.

But this is GTR we're talking about here. Anything can happen.

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

At present (from memory), you'd need to change trains to go to any away match (from Brighton) except Portsmouth, Southampton, Luton Town and - at a push - Bristol City. Of course, I'm talking about places within reasonable walking distances from station to ground. I'm sure someone could add to that list, and it's not counting 'specials'.

From May 2018, the Thameslink expansion means you can catch a train from Brighton, and not have change if you wanted to go to Arsenal, Stevenage, Cambridge United and Peterborough United.

Crawley - if you walked from Three Bridges.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Borehamwood is also doable on Thameslink i think. (Borehamwood and Elstree station) They are still within a shout of being promoted (again) to the Football League for next season.

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton

https://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news/cambridge-news/new-cambridge-trains-take-you-13770340

Based on that, the Peterborough ones are going to Horsham not Brighton

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I really do not like those trains. Basically overgrown tube trains, not ideal for lengthy journeys. Plenty of room to stand, but less seating with restrictive legroom for anyone taller than about 5ft11.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Walkable from Filton Abbey Wood.

And Bristol Parkway, which is also a stop on the Brighton -> Cardiff direct train.

So, also: Cardiff.

I must say, travelling to Albion away games from Bristol was generally a far easier and nicer experience than travelling from Sussex and having to traverse London.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
... which you can't get to without changing trains.

Yes you can.

Screen Shot 2018-01-17 at 14.34.27.png

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here