Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] COPA90: Football isn't a matter of life and death

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I'm not sure how many people follow / watch the COPA90 channel on YouTube but they put out consistently good content centred around fans and fan culture. Their 'Derby Day' series is particularly entertaining.

Recently they've partnered with Maytree, a charity offering non-medical support to those suffering from suicidal thoughts and feelings, and have just released this short video. It's a powerful piece and, having taken part in mental health discussions on NSC before, I thought it was worth sharing.

I don't mind admitting the stat at the end hit me pretty hard. Essentially by the time we're finished playing Chelsea on Saturday someone will no longer be alive.

In a month where we're all worried about the lack of movement in the transfer window I think it's important to remember, as the title says, football is not a matter of life and death. We need to keep that in mind more often, we need to talk to those we care about and even those we've never met.

That's enough proselytising from me but please do give the video a watch and take care.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here