Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Southampton away - driving

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Hi all, from people's previous experiences, would anyone recommend Southampton as a good ground to drive to? Debating car v coach, so any help much appreciated. Cheers.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
eTFAC4.gif

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Only ever got the train which is very easy

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Hi all, from people's previous experiences, would anyone recommend Southampton as a good ground to drive to? Debating car v coach, so any help much appreciated. Cheers.

Wouldnt recommend it unless necessary, ie disabled access etc. Its one of the worst for driving, plenty of options though for driving to alternative rail stations and a walk or park and ride as opposed to having to take the coach as an alternative.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Surely this is really easy? If you don't want a few jars then drive, maybe have to park at a convenient railway station and get a train but so what? If you like a bevvy pre match then get the coach, alternatively if you also fancy a beer post match then get the train? I really didn't think this stuff was rocket science.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
If you're driving from Brighton the A27 in rush hour (on way out) isn't very fun. Bit of a crap journey.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 8, 2005
I've driven on several occasions and never had a problem parking. There are several unofficial parking people in the industrial units near the stadium. Or you can park a mile away and walk without too much problem.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Driving, did not really want to but not many options

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Im debating this to. Trouble is Seagulls Travel are not great at putting departure times on their website and knowing them it will leave Worthing at like 3PM or something!I

This is exactly my reason for asking too! Before I book a coach, I want to make sure I can get to the Amex in time, having only the PM off work. I called them but it is likely to be next week before we get timings.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
We're driving. If we get the 10:00 from Soton it will be 2h 9m to get back to burgess hill station then add in half hour walk. Journey down gets a little busy around chichester but should be less than 90m to get back late at night.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Anyone know if you can use the match tickets on the local bus routes? I'm sure it was the case on a previous visit.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
On an earlier thread someone suggested parking atsouthampton airport parkway which is just off the M27 and get a train in. 20 mins walk to stadium.
Then you miss all the traffic in Soton.
That's our plan to get there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here