Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] I wonder if Southern Rail should do this?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
New Adidas trainers double as Berlin transit passes

The shoes, which feature the same camouflage pattern used on the city’s train seats, double up as an annual transit pass. It is embedded in the tongues of the trainers, which are styled as a fabric version of the BVG annual ticket, and can be used just like a regular ticket covering the bus, tram and underground in zones A and B. While the cheapest annual ticket available from the BVG is €728 (£646), the shoes cost just €180.

https://www.theguardian.com/cities/2018/jan/16/adidas-eqt-trainers-transport-tickets-berlin

zefarelly

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Southern rail should be shut down.

People need to start working locally again, commuting is futile and unnecessary.

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Southern rail should be shut down.

People need to start working locally again, commuting is futile and unnecessary.

I agree. But what about the general principle of a pair of shoes which double as a train ticket?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Getting Germans to wear the same clothing news story..........never presented problems in the past.....impossible is nothing......crack on!:lol:

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
We need to be Chipped, it's the future.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
In keeping with tradition & rivalry, I expect Puma to launch a similar concept in Hamburg next week.

Will be fun for a ticket controller trying to scan a pair of trainers with a PDA, especially if the passenger has trodden in something. :ohmy:

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Whats if you were going to some posh do all booted and suited... with Adidas trainers on... fail.

Good point, the Britpop look was never good.

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
What about the principle of a train ticket doubling as a train ticket?As opposed to a pair of shoes or a haddock?

Fair point. It currently doubles as a pass for a TOC to **** you up the arse.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Fair point. It currently doubles as a pass for a TOC to **** you up the arse.

Is that standard or do i need a railcard for that option?
Im thinking that no one seems to know how to run a railway from the management to the staff that getting ****ed up the arse is the bog standard nowadays.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here