Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Home shirt availability

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
So I just went to buy a home shirt as a birthday present tonight and was shocked to see hardly any availability unless you’re very large.

Why is this so difficult?

Pretty sure that if I wanted to buy a home shirt of every other Premier League club I would be able to tonight.

Must be losing a serious amount of cash from this. Just don’t understand it.

Wiggy Power

Feb 25, 2009
So I just went to buy a home shirt as a birthday present tonight and was shocked to see hardly any availability unless you’re very large.

Pretty sure that if I wanted to buy a home shirt of every other Premier League club I would be able to tonight.

Eat more pies [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
here we go (again)

I know. And yes I know we’ve covered this before and that’s what makes it worse. The reality is that for most of this season there has been no availability to buy the home shirt. That is nuts.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I know. And yes I know we’ve covered this before and that’s what makes it worse. The reality is that for most of this season there has been no availability to buy the home shirt. That is nuts.

Because we are insignificant to Nike? And probably because we have a custom kit

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

I get your point but the answer to running out of stock in July/August isn't to stock up in January. There you go, I promised myself just one post on this thread and that was my 2nd!!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I received an email from Paul Barber on this subject early in the New Year. A quick copy and paste below, but it seems to have gone largely to plan. I can understand why they will be looking to run stocks down now with a new shirt en route in the Summer...

"I’m very pleased to report that, as of this morning, we still have a reasonable stock level of home shirts and these are currently available in all sizes. This suggests that all those fans that wanted home shirts for Christmas got them.

It also suggests that our staff did an excellent job in both estimating and managing the exceptional demand we have faced for replica shirts this season - despite a much higher volume of summer sales leading to the initial stock of shirts selling out for a period much earlier than usual.

Christmas replica shirt sales were also very high and, as a result, sales of this season’s home shirt will easily surpass the sales volumes of any previous shirt in the club’s history.

As is normal, some people bought their new replica shirt in the summer - and the highest ever number of people did this - and, also as is normal, some people were happy to wait until Christmas, and accept the shorter shelf life of the shirt. Again, even larger numbers than usual did this too.

Thankfully, and despite concerns from some, we’ve been able to satisfy both camps. It is of course our job to sell out of stock without having to discount and we now expect to do so for the final time this season within the next few weeks or so. We will therefore soon put out a final call for home shirts. "

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
In fairness... when new stock arrived in December, the club announced there would be no more coming. That was effectively last chance to buy.

I imagine sales would naturally fall sharply after Xmas when a kit is in its final few months. Think I saw WBA advertising 30/40% off shirts?

Pickles

May 5, 2014
I received an email from Paul Barber on this subject early in the New Year. A quick copy and paste below, but it seems to have gone largely to plan. I can understand why they will be looking to run stocks down now with a new shirt en route in the Summer...

"I’m very pleased to report that, as of this morning, we still have a reasonable stock level of home shirts and these are currently available in all sizes. This suggests that all those fans that wanted home shirts for Christmas got them.

It also suggests that our staff did an excellent job in both estimating and managing the exceptional demand we have faced for replica shirts this season - despite a much higher volume of summer sales leading to the initial stock of shirts selling out for a period much earlier than usual.

Christmas replica shirt sales were also very high and, as a result, sales of this season’s home shirt will easily surpass the sales volumes of any previous shirt in the club’s history.

As is normal, some people bought their new replica shirt in the summer - and the highest ever number of people did this - and, also as is normal, some people were happy to wait until Christmas, and accept the shorter shelf life of the shirt. Again, even larger numbers than usual did this too.

Thankfully, and despite concerns from some, we’ve been able to satisfy both camps. It is of course our job to sell out of stock without having to discount and we now expect to do so for the final time this season within the next few weeks or so. We will therefore soon put out a final call for home shirts. "

No way is that E mail from Barber out.

It's way too short.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

What size are you after, I might have a spare?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
It's out of date in 4 months, in any case.

So are shirts just for one season now? Really? I know I’m coming late to this party, but are we really happy to accept that? If you have 2/3 young lads who want the full kit that is a lot of money for one season.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
So are shirts just for one season now? Really? I know I’m coming late to this party, but are we really happy to accept that? If you have 2/3 young lads who want the full kit that is a lot of money for one season.

"Sorry kids - didn't look until mid-Jan. They've sold out."

The end.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
"Sorry kids - didn't look until mid-Jan. They've sold out."

The end.

Well yes. But nonetheless why just one season? Wasn’t there some sort of commitment to have a shirt for two seasons at some point or did I completely imagine that?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here