Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Why just throwing money at a striker may not be the answer that some think it will be

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42700690

Carlos Tevez: I was on holiday during Chinese Super League spell

Argentina striker Carlos Tevez has described his spell in the Chinese Super League as a "holiday".

The 33-year-old, who joined Shanghai Shenhua in December 2016, returned to boyhood club Boca Juniors this month.

Tevez, who was reportedly one of the highest paid players in the world, scored four goals in 16 games and was widely criticised while in China.

In an interview with Argentine TV, he joked: "It's fine because I was on vacation for seven months."

He said: "When I landed in China, I wanted to return to Boca."

In September, new Shanghai coach Wu Jingui said Tevez was "overweight" and could not play until he was fit.

This is Tevez's third spell at Boca, having played for them from 2001 to 2004 and 2015 to 2016.

Argentina legend and former Boca player Maradona described his return as "perfect".

"He filled Santa's sack with dollars and now he has returned to Boca," 57-year-old World Cup winner Maradona said.

Tevez has won eight league titles in four countries, including the Premier League with Manchester United and Manchester City.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We need more than 3 strikers in the squad.

Baldock is always a game away from injury and if Murray gets crocked it's Game Over.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
We are a Premier League club that played Arsenal away without one striker available and the stand-in striker that we used that day is now crocked. We need to throw some f#cking money at a striker.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
No transfer should ever be about just throwing money at a player. Instead it should be part of a much wider transfer policy where the main focus is ultimately placed on value (what they can bring to the team + future potential fee vs total cost of the deal).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here