Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Seagull line

lordlush1972

Aug 15, 2006
Newhaven
To all young Brighton fans if you think this is stressful ie signing a striker. In the Goldstone days we had to ring a premium number to find out if we were signing anyone [emoji16] UTA

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
seagullsline80-81x.jpg

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
I well remember and I remember getting a proper dressing down due to the astronomical phone bill. The only thing that saved me was my mums slight relief that I hadn’t been calling a sex line...

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I well remember and I remember getting a proper dressing down due to the astronomical phone bill. The only thing that saved me was my mums slight relief that I hadn’t been calling a sex line...

The exact same thing happened with my parents... I had to dig out the number from a programme to convince them I hadn't been ringing one of those 60 second **** lines... Naturally I'd hung on for five minuets or more at times, my dad was probably secretly impressed.

Alas the £35 it all cost was less impressive :/

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Ooo that takes me back. Pleased it had the number as I had a feeling it was 16 - but then remembered THAT was Dial-A-Disc. On demand streaming of a song (albeit not of your choice) on your phone. Still do that today, but slightly better quality and choice now...

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Coming up, exciting news of a new face at the Goldstone Ground BUT FIRST....

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
It's the number for Albion information every day twenty four hours a day ... or something similar!

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
I remember ducking out of school to find a payphone to find out whether we were still in business and finding we'd sold Mark Beeney. Cost a small fortune to get through all the preamble before the actual news happened. Puts this transfer window issues in perspective.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
The only good thing is that it didn't cost any more to call from London (which is where I was living) than it did from Brighton!

Seagull

Yes I eat anything
Feb 28, 2009
On the wing
You have called the Seagull Line on Brighton 8049
It's the number for Albion information every day twenty four hours a day
The Albion lost the game at West Bromwich Albion this afternoon going down by two goals to nil. The Seagulls went behind the 4th minute when centre back Jonny Evans headed in at the far post .... etc etc.
This was the only way to get the result & report on the game if you were out!

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Ooo that takes me back. Pleased it had the number as I had a feeling it was 16 - but then remembered THAT was Dial-A-Disc. On demand streaming of a song (albeit not of your choice) on your phone. Still do that today, but slightly better quality and choice now...

Shamefully I have the admit that I recorded the songs from 16 on my portable cassette recorder by holding the microphone to the hearing end of the phone. The recording was often interrupted by my mum calling out that tea was ready or a knock on the door

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 5, 2014

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here