Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Emiliano Sala [signed by Cardiff, confirmed to have been on missing aircraft]

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Not sure this is even doing the wiki, highlights reel and WAG legwork for...

Emiliano Sala, about to extend his contract with Nantes, was asked by Brighton. He finally refused the offer of the English club.

Emiliano Sala has just lived seventy-two intense hours. At the end of last week, the Argentine striker (27 years) validated the extension of his new contract, in negotiations for several months. With a long lease. Probably until 2023. What to put an end to the speculations surrounding his future? Not quite. The former Bordeaux has indeed been requested by Brighton in recent hours.

The English club, 16th in the Premier League, was ready to make a transfer offer of more than € 10 million to FC Nantes. That's what he explained to the NCF management. Sala, who has never hidden his interest in the Premier League, gave himself a few hours of thought before quickly postpone the offer. The Argentinian, author of a successful first leg (7 goals in L1) and who wants to continue to progress with Claudio Ranieri, intends to achieve his best season in career L 1 (12 goals in the Championship in 2016-2017).

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
We are the Millwall of the Premier League - no-one likes us we don't care.........

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Who’s negotiating these deals ? Look more toothless than a Brighton away performance

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Not sure this is even doing the wiki, highlights reel and WAG legwork for...

Emiliano Sala, about to extend his contract with Nantes, was asked by Brighton. He finally refused the offer of the English club.

Emiliano Sala has just lived seventy-two intense hours. At the end of last week, the Argentine striker (27 years) validated the extension of his new contract, in negotiations for several months. With a long lease. Probably until 2023. What to put an end to the speculations surrounding his future? Not quite. The former Bordeaux has indeed been requested by Brighton in recent hours.

The English club, 16th in the Premier League, was ready to make a transfer offer of more than € 10 million to FC Nantes. That's what he explained to the NCF management. Sala, who has never hidden his interest in the Premier League, gave himself a few hours of thought before quickly postpone the offer. The Argentinian, author of a successful first leg (7 goals in L1) and who wants to continue to progress with Claudio Ranieri, intends to achieve his best season in career L 1 (12 goals in the Championship in 2016-2017).

What would worry me here is, why have we only just made contact? If this guy had been anywhere on our list surely we would have asked for him before he signed the new contract which could only have made him more expensive? My worry would be this indicates we have been turned down by all of our prime targets and are working our way through the B List.

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It would seem he would have nothing in common with the rest of the squad:-

[tweet]911158656028291072[/tweet]

Simontheseagull

Eye from the sky
Jul 11, 2010
The Amex
What would worry me here is, why have we only just made contact? If this guy had been anywhere on our list surely we would have asked for him before he signed the new contract which could only have made him more expensive? My worry would be this indicates we have been turned down by all of our prime targets and are working our way through the B List.

Well CH did say a week ago that we needed to review our approach towards transfers, so you are probably right.

Should keep happy a few people on NSC who want us to sign any old striker, even if they are no better tham Murray or Hemed. At least they can't accuse the club of not trying hard to sign anyone now that we are now working through our B list. Perhaps they will realise the difficulties in signing anyone half decent once we move onto the C list, bearing in mind our current league position just aboove the relegation zone.

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
To be honest though, if Brighton showed any interest in a striker, you would think the first thing to do was to check us out.

You would not have to be Einstein to work out where we are in the league, the way we are set up EVERY single game, how negative we play, our chances of staying up, how many shots on target our forwards have had, how many crosses our wingers get into the box etc to say not for me.

If I was a striker looking for the Premier league move, Brighton would not be on my radar.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
To be honest though, if Brighton showed any interest in a striker, you would think the first thing to do was to check us out.

You would not have to be Einstein to work out where we are in the league, the way we are set up EVERY single game, how negative we play, our chances of staying up, how many shots on target our forwards have had, how many crosses our wingers get into the box etc to say not for me.

If I was a striker looking for the Premier league move, Brighton would not be on my radar.

35k a week might just do it... you misery

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
cracking header from an inch off the ground too.... not quite sure why the right foot wasn't used !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here