Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where does the buck stop?

Follow That Seagull

Nov 4, 2017
Somewhere in Sussex
Now it's been a couple days since my last controversial thread. See here http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?360347-Is-this-it-for-Chris-Time-for-Hughton-to-go

But Iv'e been doing alot of thinking and I'll put my hands up and admit I can be a total spanner at times and i apologise. Looking back i see how tough CH has it with the tools (finances) amongst other things he has been given to work with. In truth he's doing a fantastic job with the limits he has in place compared to other manager and would be an honour to keep him around even if relegation happens. I would also like to formally apologise for allowing myself to get worked up and firing off on a rant when i hadent thought about it properly.

Though another thing that had got me thinking is where does the buck stop. Could it be down to one thing or a few things? With the Team, Winstanley, Coaches or dare i say uncle Tony?

No this no way means I'm pointing fingers but the buck has to stop somewhere.

Oh and before i finish. FYI I am a Brighton and Hove Albion fan for the last time. My first game was Brighton Vs Barnet at their ground when Emeka Ifejiagwa scored that thunderbolt for us.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
The Premier League is hard.

Who am I blaming because we are not immediately an established Premier League side?

No-one, the Premier League is hard.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The club tried and failed to get at least one striker in the last window, and our failure to score is seeing us drop down the table. That is the overarching problem. If Hughton gets sacked then the question would be how might he have done with a decent striker.

dazzer6666

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The club tried and failed to get at least one striker in the last window, and our failure to score is seeing us drop down the table. That is the overarching problem. If Hughton gets sacked then the question would be how might he have done with a decent striker.

It’s also our appalling defending, particularly from set pieces. Cost us points against Stoke, Everton, Bournemouth (twice), West Brom etc.........even turning just a couple of those into wins/draws instead of draws or defeats would have made the picture look much better than it is.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
It’s also our appalling defending, particularly from set pieces. Cost us points against Stoke, Everton, Bournemouth (twice), West Brom etc.........even turning just a couple of those into wins/draws instead of draws or defeats would have made the picture look much better than it is.

You're a hard one to impress. Only six teams have conceded fewer goals than Brighton so far this season. Agree we're vulnerable from set pieces, but appalling defending is as sensationalist and one eyed as you can get. https://www.premierleague.com/stats/top/clubs/goals_conceded

dazzer6666

Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
You're a hard one to impress. Only six teams have conceded fewer goals than Brighton so far this season. Agree we're vulnerable from set pieces, but appalling defending is as sensationalist and one eyed as you can get. https://www.premierleague.com/stats/top/clubs/goals_conceded

Haven’t we conceded more than any other team from set pieces ? Given the relatively (to our league position) no. of goals we’ve conceded, it’s not very good is it........I’d imagine CH is livid about it.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Haven’t we conceded more than any other team from set pieces ? Given the relatively (to our league position) no. of goals we’ve conceded, it’s not very good is it........I’d imagine CH is livid about it.

You said "appalling defending, especially set pieces". I'm making the point that apart from set pieces, our defending has been world class. With only six teams conceding fewer goals (and that includes the set pieces) or defending cannot be described as appalling. Incredibly. Despite being seventh best in the Premier League. It could still be considerably improved by sorting out the set pieces. That impressed the crap out of me.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
You said "appalling defending, especially set pieces". I'm making the point that apart from set pieces, our defending has been world class. With only six teams conceding fewer goals (and that includes the set pieces) or defending cannot be described as appalling. Incredibly. Despite being seventh best in the Premier League. It could still be considerably improved by sorting out the set pieces. That impressed the crap out of me.

Maybe we should try and stop conceding so many set peices.

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
About 18 months ago it would have been Thatcher. It’s Brexit now.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
There is a shared alround responsibility here, strikers don't grow on trees and those that are available will be looking for high wages in the PL and to play with a team that has prospects, the recruiting teams task is unenviable. TB and PB are no fools despite comments on here and i'm sure the club will only spend what it can afford. CHs strategy, game plan and team selections have been an enigma which have led to poor results (presumably there is consultation with those above) and we have been punished for poor decision making on the pitch both in attack and defence.

As a collective we are much better than our position belies.

dazzer6666

Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Fair enough....all even that is, in part, due to sometimes having what feels like a 10 man defence with our wingers hampered by having to act as auxiliary fullbacks and our 2 CMs seemingly afraid to go forward.

I genuinely feel as though we’re going to concede when there is a corner now (appears a lot of us on Saturday thought similarly judging by the conversations). Shame we don’t appear to offer any threat from corners of our own too.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Now it's been a couple days since my last controversial thread. See here http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?360347-Is-this-it-for-Chris-Time-for-Hughton-to-go

But Iv'e been doing alot of thinking and I'll put my hands up and admit I can be a total spanner at times and i apologise. Looking back i see how tough CH has it with the tools (finances) amongst other things he has been given to work with. In truth he's doing a fantastic job with the limits he has in place compared to other manager and would be an honour to keep him around even if relegation happens. I would also like to formally apologise for allowing myself to get worked up and firing off on a rant when i hadent thought about it properly.

Though another thing that had got me thinking is where does the buck stop. Could it be down to one thing or a few things? With the Team, Winstanley, Coaches or dare i say uncle Tony?

No this no way means I'm pointing fingers but the buck has to stop somewhere.

Oh and before i finish. FYI I am a Brighton and Hove Albion fan for the last time. My first game was Brighton Vs Barnet at their ground when Emeka Ifejiagwa scored that thunderbolt for us.

Strange, because in your habit of only starting threads, being self obsessed and poor grasp of your mother tongue you come over exactly like someone who used to post on here and got outed as a Palace troll....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here