Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Let's talk about an "away end" again

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It's not something I've ever wanted for NSC but, frankly, I'm getting a little bit fed up as...

1. If away (and that generally means Palace) fans post BANTZ and moderating actions ARE NOT taken, then I get moaned at by a section of Albion-supporting NSC users: "how dare they post that on here".

2. If away (and that generally means Palace) fans post BANTZ then and moderating actions ARE taken I get moaned at by a section of Albion-supporting NSC users: "we need to man up and let them post that on here".

So, for the first time ever I am seriously considering an NSC away end. The purpose of the away end would be:

1. It's where away fans are expected to post their BANTZ and Albion piss-taking.
2. It's where away fans would be banished to if they don't follow 1 above.

The away end wouldn't be for immediately banishing ALL away fans to as soon as their colours are known.

Discuss.

rigton70

Jul 5, 2003
It's not something I've ever wanted for NSC but, frankly, I'm getting a little bit fed up as...

1. If away (and that generally means Palace) fans post BANTZ and moderating actions ARE NOT taken, then I get moaned at by a section of Albion-supporting NSC users: "how dare they post that on here".

2. If away (and that generally means Palace) fans post BANTZ then and moderating actions ARE taken I get moaned at by a section of Albion-supporting NSC users: "we need to man up and let them post that on here".

So, for the first time ever I am seriously considering an NSC away end. The purpose of the away end would be:

1. It's where away fans are expected to post their BANTZ and Albion piss-taking.
2. It's where away fans would be banished to if they don't follow 1 above.

The away end wouldn't be for immediately banishing ALL away fans to as soon as their colours are known.

Discuss.

Are you stupid, drunk or both?

Keep away fans here.

You have always done that since the site was started so why change it now.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Why do we need to separate it out , we dish it out so should expect some comeback.

I guess this follows on from some CPFC fans laughing as they are now above us, well the season isn't ended yet.

Most away fans seem ok to me and that includes the CPFC & Burnely regulars whose comments are generally within bounds of reasonable discussion.

next people will be asking the board to stop away fans singing at the ground or indeed have no away fans.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Question: Are Palace fans limited to posting only on threads with the prefix ‘Palace’?

Why do we need to separate it out , we dish it out so should expect some comeback.

I guess this follows on from some CPFC fans laughing as they are now above us, well the season isn't ended yet.

Most away fans seem ok to me and that includes the CPFC & Burnely regulars whose comments are generally within bounds of reasonable discussion.

next people will be asking the board to stop away fans singing at the ground or indeed have no away fans.

This.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Question: Are Palace fans limited to posting only on threads with the prefix ‘Palace’?

I'm sure there was something of this nature, but some of them started posting in match threads, & post match threads too. I'm looking at Dougie here,

Generally, I like different fans on here, Newcastle, Hudds, Burnley Bournemouth, Derby, Sheff Wed. Usually if they step out of line, they get a ban.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 5, 2014
Don't have problems with away fans posting in any thread as long as they are not trying to derail things. Some of NSC's own can be just as annoying and embarrassing when 'away' fans post sensible stuff.

I'd like to see a 'local' discussion section- an expansion of the forum. You can hardly have a sensible debate in Argus comments.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Let it be.

Wouldn't want to become all precious like BBS or Holmsdale.net where you can't even join in a discussion.

We're better than that (and them.)

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Most other forums seem to have ‘other football’ rather than an away end. So used to seeing it all mixed up on one board I think I would forget to look if it was separated out.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
One of the things I enjoy most about NSC is that there is, literally, one "Big Board" where everything is posted. There is also a very wide demographic of poster - including away fans. Off the top of my head, we regularly have contributions from fans of Aldershot Town, Burnley, Spurs, Newcastle, Sunderland, Bournemouth, Derby County, Fulham, Sheffield Wednesday......and, of course, Palace. It has helped make NSC what it is, over the years.

Anything which disrupts that would, in my humble opinion, be detrimental to the NSC experience.

Of course, if a poster - any poster - starts being offensive or acting like a pillock, they risk getting themselves banned. But simply posting "banter", in and of itself, shouldn't fall into that category.

Twenty years ago the supporters of the Albion simply refused to allow this club to die; they rose up and through strength of character, spirit, perseverance, humour, creativity and imagination sowed the seeds for this wonderful club to make its way back to the top flight (with amazing facilities to boot). It disappoints me that, after everything we've been through, we now seem to have turned into something that we would have laughed at all those years ago: a bunch of entitled moaners who can't handle a bit of gentle ribbing from our rivals despite the fact we've been handing it out for the last 5 months.

Leave it be, [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here