Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] falmer auctions parking

Status
Not open for further replies.

bognor gull

Feb 1, 2012
sunny bognor
I have been keeping open my option's as to whether to get a refund !
I've been emailing them for updates but to no avail. They rarely reply and if they do, you have to phone them.

sunsted

Jan 15, 2018
I have been keeping open my option's as to whether to get a refund !
I've been emailing them for updates but to no avail. They rarely reply and if they do, you have to phone them.

I've been calling and emailing to no avail! I too was keeping my options open but now I am concerned as no answer to email and they never answer the phone. There are no upcoming auctions so wondering whether they are still operating!! I might pay them a visit!

BeardyChops

Jan 24, 2009
was anyone mug enough to pay for a season's parking at Falmer Auctions ?

Why should anyone who pays the going rate for parking, for a car park that you can get out of much faster than the Bridge, be considered a mug? Or are all the people who pay for the Bridge and the Uni parking also mugs?

I did pay, but if I could have seen into the future then obviously I would'nt have.

Falmer Auctions havent really come clean about why they can't provide the parking, and having offered a refund, they haven't yet managed to cough up. I've just today got my credit card company involved.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Why should anyone who pays the going rate for parking, for a car park that you can get out of much faster than the Bridge, be considered a mug? Or are all the people who pay for the Bridge and the Uni parking also mugs?

I did pay, but if I could have seen into the future then obviously I would'nt have.

Falmer Auctions havent really come clean about why they can't provide the parking, and having offered a refund, they haven't yet managed to cough up. I've just today got my credit card company involved.

Just read the Falmer Parish Council minutes from September and December.

It would seem that they were unhappy with Falmer Auctions having about 70 cars parked including visiting fans cars at the start of the season, after they said they wouldn't do so. The Parish Council approached the landlord, who has agreed with Council and enforced requirements of no matchday parking.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Sent email before Xmas but no reply to that. No one answers the phone either.
Will have to arrange a personal visit.
Can anyone update if they do visit.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
[
Just read the Falmer Parish Council minutes from September and December.

It would seem that they were unhappy with Falmer Auctions having about 70 cars parked including visiting fans cars at the start of the season, after they said they wouldn't do so. The Parish Council approached the landlord, who has agreed with Council and enforced requirements of no matchday parking.

Reading those minutes it confirms that Falmer Auctions weren't being honest when they stated that their unofficial use of the club logo was the reason for not being able to do the parking. They were blaming the club and also their IT company at the time when the real reason was they were in breach of their lease. It also looks like Falmer Auctions/Keith Miles used a 28 day rule to provide parking for 28 days only but still sold permits for an entire season. If they sold 70 permits as the minutes suggest at £280 per permit that makes nearly £20,000 in revenue. Has anyone been reimbursed?
https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&s...FjABegQIChAB&usg=AOvVaw0rb9fkM6sqN-94cqzbvMDb

Last edited:

brighton terra

Dec 5, 2008
Worthing
[

Reading those minutes it confirms that Falmer Auctions weren't being honest when they stated that their unofficial use of the club logo was the reason for not being able to do the parking. They were blaming the club and also their IT company at the time when the real reason was they were in breach of their lease. It also looks like Falmer Auctions/Keith Miles used a 28 day rule to provide parking for 28 days only but still sold permits for an entire season. If they sold 70 permits as the minutes suggest at £280 per permit that makes nearly £20,000 in revenue. Has anyone been reimbursed?
https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&s...FjABegQIChAB&usg=AOvVaw0rb9fkM6sqN-94cqzbvMDb

Part 4, Class B of the General Permitted Development Order allows FA to operate the site for football car parking for not more than 28 days in total in any calendar year without requiring planning permission. That’s 28 days in total, not a period of 28 consecutive days. As a result, FA were within their rights to sell permits for an entire season. As I said before, it’s not a planning issue........it’s all about the terms of their lease.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Part 4, Class B of the General Permitted Development Order allows FA to operate the site for football car parking for not more than 28 days in total in any calendar year without requiring planning permission. That’s 28 days in total, not a period of 28 consecutive days. As a result, FA were within their rights to sell permits for an entire season. As I said before, it’s not a planning issue........it’s all about the terms of their lease.

So FA were within their rights to sell permits for an entire season so far as the 28 day rule was concerned but they weren't within their rights to sell permits for an entire season if they knew they were in breach of their lease and therefore the parking would inevitably be suspended when they were found out which was inevitable with the villagers on their case. They should have only sold on a match by match basis especially if they were going to take peoples' money and not return it. This still doesn't explain why they were trying to blame the club and their IT company. Why did they not simply blame the landlord whose lease they had breached if they wanted to blame someone other than themselves. Why bring the club and IT company into it?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Some posts (now removed) are making insinuations that could get the poster and/or NSC into trouble, so I will lock this thread now.

Good luck to those out of pocket - hope you get your money back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here