Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Burnley after Solly

Gazz15

May 13, 2014
Newhaven
Shame if true, Solly was our best player along with Gross early on this season, until mysteriously left out. Since then, he has declined somewhat - wonder how much Dyche thinks he is worth? £12M??

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Shame if true, Solly was our best player along with Gross early on this season, until mysteriously left out. Since then, he has declined somewhat - wonder how much Dyche thinks he is worth? £12M??

In terms of extra service for Ashley Barnes, and the proper striker goals that would follow, would be £12M well spent.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire

Yep. I've been thinking for some time that Solly could be the one Albion player to be tempted to go this season. He's got engaged/married, so he's up for changes in his life, and.... yes, very mysteriously, he was left out early on and his confidence has possible taken a big hit. Not sure what Chris was doing there??

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

Put a dot after the 1 to read £1.2 m as they offered a pittance for Stephens and paid next to nothing for Barnes so they obviously see us as a club with which to take advantage of as regards signings.

Gazz15

May 13, 2014
Newhaven
I thought he played out of his skin in terms of effort, going forward and defending the first half dozen games or so. Why CH left him out at that time was baffling, maybe saving him from burn out? He hasn't looked the same player since tbh!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Put a dot after the 1 to read £1.2 m as they offered a pittance for Stephens and paid next to nothing for Barnes so they obviously see us as a club with which to take advantage of as regards signings.

It's a clever strategy: pick players who are obviously a bit out of form (or not flavour of the month with current manager) but have proved good enough in the recent past, coach them back to their best, rinse and repeat.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
They are welcome to him, il drive him there myself.

Local lad learning his trade in the white hot heat of the Prem - surely more patience required?

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Let's hope Burnley, and other sides, don't steal a march on us by getting their January deals done early.

According to NSC despite this already happening is in fact impossible so fear not!

That would be a great move for March and Burnley though, a side that will let him attack more and are much better equipped to allow him to play an attacking game than us. The only losers in this deal would be BHA.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Local lad learning his trade in the white hot heat of the Prem - surely more patience required?

To be honest, if I was Solly, I'd probably be tempted. He wants to play in the PL and as you say he's young and learning. At this moment in time Burnley have a much higher chance of being in this league next year than we do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here