Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Can you see Hughton falling on his sword if we fail to get new players in this window?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I feel an undercurrent of dissatisfaction taking place about CH, his tactics are now being questioned by many and we are a shadow of the team that was doing so well a couple of months ago.

The club will have had two windows to get this elusive striker and from Hughton’s comments this morning in the Argus he is still hoping for them.

Should we get unlucky/feck it up/ not have the finances to get this over the line this window, do you think CH may decide to resign?

He has no record of this but his frustration at the inability to give him a decent chance of turning our season around may just swing it?

Once the fans start turning on him, as they are starting to imo, can we be sure he’ll stick around?

I can’t see Bloom sacking him btw. (and nor should he imo)

Then again, maybe things aren’t THAT bad, we nearly beat Bournemouth, we did beat Palace and we have only had the one recent abysmal performance. Maybe there isn’t really a crisis and all will come good again with a victory/point on Saturday

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
No (how many actually do that?) But if we aren't looking good in the first 7-8 games of next season I can see him being given the heave ho

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Wouldn't surprise me if he left if we did not secure any of our targets again

Weststander

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
1. CH didn't fail to get the signings. It was a collective from the Board, Winstanley and Winstanley's team.

2. CH has been a brilliant coach and manager for us. The football from Jan 15 to Apr 17 was the best I've seen by Albion teams, other than say the Mullery version 1976 to 1979.

If we fail to buy in quality forwards with pace and goals in this window and go down, the inquest by the club should seriously look elsewhere at the recruitment fiasco.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I don't think he's a quitter, so I doubt he will.... yet.

Maybe at the end of the season if he feels let down by the recruitment.

We'd get Jones in if that happens.

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
But wouldn't that mean we have to laugh at his replacement, as he'll all but guarantee relegation?...

...oh.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
Jun 27, 2012
I feel an undercurrent of dissatisfaction taking place about CH, his tactics are now being questioned by many and we are a shadow of the team that was doing so well a couple of months ago.

Once the fans start turning on him, as they are starting to imo, can we be sure he’ll stick around?

Blimey. One things for sure. I'm not sure he'd want to stick around if he ever read any of the responses to threads you keep starting Icy. (what if fans turn on him, what if we don't sign anyone, what if ...)

zefarelly

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
The best thing CH can do for his CV is keep us up, If we go down, Is there a bigger club that would want him?

I don't think he's going anywhere, but he does need to change a few things soon, to keep us up.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Blimey. One things for sure. I'm not sure he'd want to stick around if he ever read any of the responses to threads you keep starting Icy. (what if fans turn on him, what if we don't sign anyone, what if ...)

Have I dissed CH on any of the threads? He has my full support in case you thought I was shit stirring.

I’ll lay off thread starting for a while.

A few fans are turning on CH, only a very few in the big scheme of things. The vast majority of fans, while understandably concerned, are still very much on his side.

It's possible of course that he could resign if we don't get what we all know we need in this window but, unlike anyone who posts on here, he will know the real reason we fail, if indeed we do; personally I still have faith that we won't.

So if we do fail and he doesn't walk then we can all be 100% certain that whatever the reason was it wasn't for want of trying.

Some people on here seem to think that the club have cocked up and managed this badly. Hughton is one of only four people who knows if this true or not.

Like virtually every other Brighton fan I still hope that we get what we need, or as close to what we need as possible. If we don't and Hughton stays then we'll know he doesn't blame the club.

Dr. No

Nov 28, 2016
Should we get unlucky/feck it up/ not have the finances to get this over the line this window, do you think CH may decide to resign?

No.

He has no record of this but his frustration at the inability to give him a decent chance of turning our season around may just swing it?

No.

No.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove

I can’t see Bloom sacking him btw. (and nor should he imo)

Alright, I'll bite. Got any evidence for that at all?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
Jun 27, 2012
Have I dissed CH on any of the threads? He has my full support in case you thought I was shit stirring.

No. Never said you had Icy. You've been very fair although you do like discussing things that are extremely unlikely to happen as if they already have. (Board won't back him, Crowd and fans will turn on him, he'll resign)

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
Jun 27, 2012
1. CH didn't fail to get the signings. It was a collective from the Board, Winstanley and Winstanley's team.

2. CH has been a brilliant coach and manager for us. The football from Jan 15 to Apr 17 was the best I've seen by Albion teams, other than say the Mullery version 1976 to 1979.

If we fail to buy in quality forwards with pace and goals in this window and go down, the inquest by the club should seriously look elsewhere at the recruitment fiasco.

Can't we leave these threads/thoughts/post mortems til February 1st. Saturday was depressing enough.

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Are you not toeing the party line again Icy?

tisk-tisk, shame on you.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here