Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Anyone left on here who still thinks

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
that we have enough to stay up without any additions to the squad

Seemed to be a few not so long ago. Do you still think like this?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I think we'll stay up, but I think we also have many more games of dross to endure and will probably survive last day by the skin of our teeth, and I don't think the views of those on here are likely to change much before May, which is understandable for the majority that aren't getting their knickers in a twist.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I think we'll stay up, but I think we also have many more games of dross to endure and will probably survive last day by the skin of our teeth, and I don't think the views of those on here are likely to change much before May, which is understandable for the majority that aren't getting their knickers in a twist.

So is that a yes reading between the slightly snide remark?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
It depends if hughton is changing the way he wants to play the game....i am not sure getting any out and out attackers will be rewarded in the slow, defensive style we have.

I am not convinced hughton thinks we are doing that badly that he will want to change our style, so for that reason on getting new players in, I am out!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We are going down.

We have a fool's hope of a lifeline for staying up if we get 10 points from the next 5 games, but that seems unlikely.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
that we have enough to stay up without any additions to the squad

Seemed to be a few not so long ago. Do you still think like this?

just posted on another thread about shuffling the personnel around to create a different attacking threat with more pace.

nothings over till its over but we have to find ways of attacking in greater numbers and causing other teams problems imo. Playing the same cautious/defensive style, same 11 week after week CLEARLY doesn't carry enough of a threat to win matches imo.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
We definitely have the players to keep us up. It's how they are being used that is the problem

So you might be thinking about a change of manager? I am of the opinion that CH is good enough but he is managing in a very very difficult set of circumstances. I think he is fecked without a decent striker or two and have done since the window closed. I don’t want us to get shot of him though as I think he may have played us very differently if we had found a striker. We have done brilliantly under the circumstances but the wheels do appear to be coming off recently.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
We need a replacement for Sidwell and a quick, strong striker otherwise it'll be a struggle with the remaining players.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
I thought we had a good enough team to survive quite comfortably, i have said so previously and if we dont sign anyone i will still think so but.....

I hadn't banked on Hughton showing the opposition so much respect, im not calling for his head but i really think he is holding us back with his tactics, should have seen it coming tbh, even in the championship our record against the better teams wasnt great.
Showing respect and trying to hold out against United, City, Chelsea etc. Is one thing but to do the same away to Bournemouth, Huddersfield etc is staggering imo.

I really wish he would just let them play their normal game, we do to an extent at home, but even then the wingers are still being told to get back and help the full backs, yes sometimes they have to, but it seems to be their primary role.

If we can sign a pacy striker it will help, of course it will but tell me which chances we missed on Saturday that this striker would have scored? The only one i remember was the one Knocky put over the bar, but then that didnt fall to a striker, maybe a decent striker would have turned and shot instead of passing to Knocky as Murray did, but then the pass was the right choice it was just a poor finish.

Play 4-4-2 stop playing with 6 at the back including the wingers and we might just surprise a few, sadly i dont think Hughton will budge and we will never find out.

DFL JCL

Jan 8, 2016
Yeah i do, the squad got us this far. However i would obviously like to see a couple of new players come it, but wouldn't be devastated if they don't. Can they keep us up? IMO yes... will they? No idea... Gonna be fun finding out though.

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
So you might be thinking about a change of manager? I am of the opinion that CH is good enough but he is managing in a very very difficult set of circumstances. I think he is fecked without a decent striker or two and have done since the window closed. I don’t want us to get shot of him though as I think he may have played us very differently if we had found a striker. We have done brilliantly under the circumstances but the wheels do appear to be coming off recently.

i certainly don't think we should change manager during the season - apart from anything else there is no one out there. But when the season has ended, whatever division we are in, well that's a different matter

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here