Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Giggs new Wales manager

Pickles

May 5, 2014
I doubt he'll manage any friendlies.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Interesting choice given his lack of experience, plus no need for the Rooney rule, Ryan is the home nation’s first black manager.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Bollox , i thought Mclaren would of got the job , i was looking forward to his first in welsh press conference , Giggs is a great fit for Wales , hope he does ok , great players can make good managers you know .

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
That pretty much sums up the Welsh FA ........ Totally clueless!! ..........Still it will be fun watching Wales playing like a 2nd rate back street pub team!! :lol:

Bizarre appointment. Welsh football is very much on the up at the moment especially with Bale in the team. They've eschewed the option of a manager with any sort of experience, success or proven coaching abilities and instead gone for the easy populist choice. I guess that in fairness, they've at least been consistent here after the comments from their FA chief about not wanting an Englishman.

But if they definitely had to have a Welshman then why did they not even consider Nathan Jones? That bloke is doing miracles with Luton.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Bizarre appointment. Welsh football is very much on the up at the moment especially with Bale in the team. They've eschewed the option of a manager with any sort of experience, success or proven coaching abilities and instead gone for the easy populist choice. I guess that in fairness, they've at least been consistent here after the comments from their FA chief about not wanting an Englishman.

But if they definitely had to have a Welshman then why did they not even consider Nathan Jones? That bloke is doing miracles with Luton.

I'm not really too sure he is the "Welsh Peoples Popular Choice" in all honesty, every Welsh person I know that likes football thinks it is a joke choice, but the "Brain Dead's" that run the Welsh FA will be chortling and clinking their Brandy glasses tonight over their incredible appointment............. A very Bizarre appointment indeed! :thumbsup:

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
That'll be Wales back to being on par with Timbuktu in the world rankings before long.

You clearly have high hopes for them........It won't be long before their STAR feature televised game will be against a made up 11 from the Isle of Wight over 50s domino's team at which with Giggs in charge they may save face and scrape a draw!!! assuming Bale is on form! :lol:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Interesting choice given his lack of experience, plus no need for the Rooney rule, Ryan is the home nation’s first black manager.

Well stone me! Hands up everybody who thought that Ryan Giggs was black? I honestly didn't have a clue that he was (well, OK, mixed race actually).

Had to google it to check - white mum and mixed race dad apparently. Oh well, they say you can learn something new every day.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Did he apply for the job? If he has any sense I assume the answer would be 'no'.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Well stone me! Hands up everybody who thought that Ryan Giggs was black? I honestly didn't have a clue that he was (well, OK, mixed race actually).

Had to google it to check - white mum and mixed race dad apparently. Oh well, they say you can learn something new every day.

Shhhh remember these days........the truth is no defence.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
Apr 5, 2014

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Trying to work out how to get a reference to The Who's 'Substitute' into a witty reply, but have given up.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
No idea but given that this appointment was so predictable I'd be surprised if anyone else even bothered submitting their CV.

:lolol: You actually sound like how I imagine Partridge sounds in that little clip you posted.

But, yes..... quite.

(do you think they'll withdraw the offer when they find out he's black?)

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
That'll be Wales back to being on par with Timbuktu in the world rankings before long.

Wales are 19th in the FIFA rankings. Mali are 72nd.

I'm not sure where Timbuktu are, but probably some way below Swansea and Cardiff.

Oh, and Giggs as the new Wales manager....:rotlf::laugh::lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here