Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] "You're black and you stink" Rodriquez comment to Bong? - FA say not proven

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
I apologise if my post offended anybody as it wasnt intended it was a light hearted comment and obviously I come from a different era to most so what they see as being racist I do not consider it to be so. So if appropriate mods please remove it. I fully accept that it could have been said in a malicious and offensive manner.

I'm not quite in your era, but I'm not too far behind. What you wrote was offensive, but takes some understanding to admit you were wrong, so thanks for admitting so, and we move on in my book.

Daddies_Sauce

Falmer WSL, not a JCL
Jun 27, 2008
John Terry was banned for four games and fined £220,000 after being found guilty (by the FA) of "using abusive language" towards QPR's Anton Ferdinand which "included a reference to colour and/or race".

Liverpool's Luis Suarez was given an eight-match ban and a £40,000 fine by the FA after being found guilty of racially abusing Manure's Patrice Evra.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
If people consider it to be rasict please read post no 50.

I read your post #50 BG and I commend you for the apology and acceptance that it, to many would be offensive. Please think on issues like this mate. Most people want to see this behaviour eradicated from football and a really tough stance is what's needed to do it.

You never see Gaetan Bong get into spats with players and referees. If his club and his Manager believes him then the fans of Brighton need to support him just as much as they would when he is playing the game.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I apologise if my post offended anybody as it wasnt intended it was a light hearted comment and obviously I come from a different era to most so what they see as being racist I do not consider it to be so. So if appropriate mods please remove it. I fully accept that it could have been said in a malicious and offensive manner.

I’m sure people will move on BG...important thing now is to see what happens with the FA

Don Parasol

Jan 29, 2017
I hope Bong has made a mistake, but he seems adamant he hasn't.

On the French interview he says "I'm a man, a man of colour, and I can't let things like that go... I hope there will be a sanction"

He won't repeat what the insult was on TV "some things shouldn't be repeated" but says "he said things of a racist nature"

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Bong would not lie about this. If the FA are serious about kicking racism out of the game, they will throw the book at Rodriguez.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014

Just remember that sometimes it's best to say nothing if you think the controversy it causes will have no benefit.

I don't think that people were offended, I just think that you missed the serious point of emphasis in the alleged comments. Generally, no-one points out someones' skin colour to them- in a heathed exchange- unless they mean it to be derogatory.

Anyway, let's get back to moaning about the lack of a striker.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patreon
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head

BG I am in my late 70’s so please do not excuse yourself by claiming you come from a different era. What you posted was inexcusable. You need to learn before you post to reread it and be sure you really mean to say what you have posted. You shame us older generation.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009

Nicely done, I’m surprised you were not served with a “removed from this discussion” censure............that’s how I think it works these days.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
BG I am in my late 70’s so please do not excuse yourself by claiming you come from a different era. What you posted was inexcusable. You need to learn before you post to reread it and be sure you really mean to say what you have posted. You shame us older generation.

Did you not laugh as a youngster at Love Thy Neighbour and Till Death us Do part which was the crux of it as they were acceptable and highly rated comic shows on TV. I realise that the world has changed somewhat from those days.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Bong would not lie about this. If the FA are serious about kicking racism out of the game, they will throw the book at Rodriguez.

Agreed. This cuts both ways because Bong is putting his own reputation on the line here by saying this. It's not something that would be done lightly so I expect there will be support from his team-mates confirming that Bong isn't the type for making stories like this up. Got to say that McClean's intervention does no-one any favours. Possibly the second to last person after John Terry that you want rushing to your defence as a character witness.

Eeyore

NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014

Come on, TO, it wasn't that bad. 'inexcusable' is someone who blurts out racist bile not makes a stupid and ill-timed quip. Even then, if someone sees the error of their ways then good folk can rejoice.

As for shaming the older generation, I think BG does more to engineer sympathy with his idiosyncratic ways. Mind you, I'm always a bit reserved about seeing the older generation as too much of a collective anyway. It makes it sound as though somehow they are peripheral to society. They should be the centre of it.

Eeyore

NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Did you not laugh as a youngster at Love Thy Neighbour and Till Death us Do part which was the crux of it as they were acceptable and highly rated comic shows on TV. I realise that the world has changed somewhat from those days.

I think it's important to try to understand why things have changed rather than just accept they have BG. I think that is, perhaps, where you are going wrong.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here