Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] "You're black and you stink" Rodriquez comment to Bong? - FA say not proven

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
This.

It’s as if this is another Albion’s forum!

If Bong said he heard the slur, we should believe him and back him.
We can believe Bong of course, but the FA will have to find some additional evidence from the officials or other witnesses, TV microphones or cameras etc. otherwise it'll go unpunished, won't it ?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
what will they do if what he said is true. He is black no disputing that and not a racist comment just fact and running round could have made him sweat so BO comes to the fore.
That's pretty much the dumbest thing I've ever read on here.

:)

Sent from my BTV-DL09 using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
what will they do if what he said is true. He is black no disputing that and not a racist comment just fact and running round could have made him sweat so BO comes to the fore.

Sometimes your 74 years really shows :facepalm:

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
I think only two comments so far have been deplorable and misguided at best. The other comments you refer to I believe to be taking an 'innocent until proven guilty' line which I would imagine you would be happy with. Yes, there is no reason to disbelieve GB but there is also no need for a witch hunt either.

I think this is right. Whilst we have to believe and investigate Bong's claim completely and get to the bottom of exactly what was said, this is someone's career we are talking about here. It's not impossible Bong misinterpreted. Obviously if it's proven that Bong heard correctly then throw the book at Rodriguez and I will have zero sympathy with him but serious allegations demand serious investigation.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Seems unlikely a professional footballer who seems to have no 'history' would come out with that, particularly as he has black team mates. Perhaps Bong misheard?

Truth is, only those two will ever know.

Also seems unlikely Bong would make it up. It’s a mystery.

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
I had an issue yesterday at the game. The older gentleman next to me appeared to say something about Bong which would have been more offensive that Rodriguez is alleged to have said. I wasn't 100% sure I had heard correctly so had to give him the benefit of the doubt. If I had been totally sure, I would have had no hesitation in reporting him to the line of stewards / police that were close by.

I have a girlfriend whos name rhymes with 'yes'. Whenever we are out she thinks people are calling her name even though they are just responding to friends.

If he has told bong- you stink or have got bad breatg then clearly it's not. Whereas if it's your black & you ... then it is.

If i heard someone shouting something illegal (not immoral), i would ask them to shut it 1st (&warn them)& if they continued then i would report them

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

Not even you can be that naive?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I apologise if my post offended anybody as it wasnt intended it was a light hearted comment and obviously I come from a different era to most so what they see as being racist I do not consider it to be so. So if appropriate mods please remove it. I fully accept that it could have been said in a malicious and offensive manner.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
I have a girlfriend whos name rhymes with 'yes'. Whenever we are out she thinks people are calling her name even though they are just responding to friends.

If he has told bong- you stink or have got bad breatg then clearly it's not. Whereas if it's your black & you ... then it is.

If i heard someone shouting something illegal (not immoral), i would ask them to shut it 1st (&warn them)& if they continued then i would report them

Maybe he said “you're a full back and you stink.”

GB was not the worst of the team yesterday but frankly they all stank.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
We can believe Bong of course, but the FA will have to find some additional evidence from the officials or other witnesses, TV microphones or cameras etc. otherwise it'll go unpunished, won't it ?

Yes.

Whilst I hope we all back our player by believing him, any FA investigation would need more evidence than just his testimony in order to punish him.

However, Rodriguez clearly insulted the man so he does not have my sympathy.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

BG - I cannot believe I am reading a defence like that on any football forum never mind a Brighton Football Forum given what happened.

It is ****ing disgusting set of words to phrase together and should not be in anyone's vocabulary in this day and age. What on earth will a statement like that say to the current and younger Generations within football. You have made some guff statements but everyone is entitled to an opinion but that opinion really ISNT acceptable and often I come to you defence on here but wow, that comment has totally ''floored'' me

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Maybe he said your backs are shite.Would have been right,too.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
It will be investigated and Rodriguez will state that, “yes I did say his breath smelt because he put his face up close to me and said blah blah blah”
No proof of racism will be found and Rodriguez may at worst get a ungentlemanly conduct charge against himself. What penalty that brings I don’t know.

Anyway can we trust Bong after he attacked Lukaku’s boot with his bollocks that time.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Let’s wait and see what the investigation brings out, I won’t judge anyone until the facts come to light.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Whatever was said by Rodriguez it was clearly offensive and insulting and I dont think that is in dispute.
If he said what Bong alleges and it can be proved then it should obviously be dealt with severely.
I do not believe that Bong is the type of person who would make something like this up but obviously my knowledge of Bong as a person is extremely limited but he does not come across as someone who would do such a thing.
However what we should bear in mind is that English is not Bong's first language. Rodriguez might even have a strong Lancastrian accent which is where he is from. Taking those two considerations into account there is every possibility that Bong simply misunderstood. In a way I hope he did.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here