Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] "You're black and you stink" Rodriquez comment to Bong? - FA say not proven

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Seems unlikely a professional footballer who seems to have no 'history' would come out with that, particularly as he has black team mates. Perhaps Bong misheard?

Truth is, only those two will ever know.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
what will they do if what he said is true. He is black no disputing that and not a racist comment just fact and running round could have made him sweat so BO comes to the fore.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 5, 2014
what will they do if what he said is true. He is black no disputing that and not a racist comment just fact and running round could have made him sweat so BO comes to the fore.

Okay, give BG his log-in back. Even he wouldn't write that.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth

With the fear of being whooshed, I am not sure if you are joking because your past record is let's say not squeaky clean.
I hope you are going to whoosh me.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 5, 2014
Seems unlikely a professional footballer who seems to have no 'history' would come out with that, particularly as he has black team mates. Perhaps Bong misheard?

Truth is, only those two will ever know.

I suppose he could claim he said 'crap'. I can't see any resolve here.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It is racist BG. If it was said then it wasn't said as a compliment, it was meant as a slur, which makes it racist.

With the fear of being whooshed, I am not sure if you are joking because your past record is let's say not squeaky clean.
I hope you are going to whoosh me.
There's no way that's a woosh, not BG's style.

Jul 7, 2003

BG - I'm sure you didn't mean this to sound as bad as it does. You might want to clarify the point you were trying to get over.

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012

So what you are saying is, people referring to somebody white that smells would say "You are white, and you stink"!

No they would just quote "you smell" why the need to use the term White or Black!

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
What is suggested from the footage is that Jay Rodriquez looks very, very scared... or one could suggest very fearful, almost a FFS what have I done! demeanour... interesting.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
It was clear that he was mouthing...." have you dropped one ".....I fully sympathise if Bong let a nasty one go and Rodriguez met it head on.

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
I hope jay rod did not say this. As if he did, he was being racist.

It is easy to misunderstand what people say - hopefully this is what as happened. I can't believe anyone would say that in front of cameras..

kennyb

May 23, 2004
Take away the argument over what was said surely the hand movements of Rodriguez says it all what other professional footballer have you seen making that sort of gesture in the top league in this country, the instant reaction of Bong would lead me to think this was said by Rodriguez,in which case the FA should throw the book at him.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
It's never easy to know how sarcastic people are being on here but having 2 comments so far on this thread even vaguely trying to argue that (if that's what he said) it's not a racist insult is so mind numbingly ridiculous that I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If there is any evidence beyond the allegation then he's banned for the rest of the season isn't he ? ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here