Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] What sporting event are you NOT going to ?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Totally inspired by Pretty Pink Fairy’s 20 k posts on a sport he has no intention of attending I wondered what other sports the people on NSC have no intention of going to and why.

I am not going to ‘ The Monster Trucks Extravaganza ‘ event in May at the Cardiff Principality Stadium in Cardiff. £30.00 quid for watching American trucks with ridiculously big wheels jump over humps and bumps to load rock and roll music................

No way

Regards Questions

Ps not sure it’s a proper sport anyway.

dazzer6666

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Formula 1. Tickets for the British Grand Prix look to be £200+ (basic) depending on where you want to stand. I can’t even bear to watch the stuff on TV, let alone pay that kind of money to watch millionaire tax-dodgers pootle round in their go-karts.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
The Fishomania 2018 final , after cruelly being robbed of a final place by the weight of Matty Ryans tiny fingertips i will not be competing in this years qualifiers .

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
Apr 5, 2014
Any Brighton away game.

Mainly cos I can't get tickets.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I'm not going to the BDO World Championships darts. If I wanted to watch a pub game where the board's about half a mile away, I'd go down my local and watch a game through the wrong end of a pair of binoculars.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
The Fishomania 2018 final , after cruelly being robbed of a final place by the weight of Matty Ryans tiny fingertips i will not be competing in this years qualifiers .

You’ll feel better in March when they start up Tay. Is Steve Ringer still cheating ?

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
I fancy going to a game of cricket, but feel that you get a much better view on TV so will probably never go again

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Formula 1. Tickets for the British Grand Prix look to be £200+ (basic) depending on where you want to stand. I can’t even bear to watch the stuff on TV, let alone pay that kind of money to watch millionaire tax-dodgers pootle round in their go-karts.

I’ll take the tickets off your hands, bloody love Formula 1. I’d pay way more than £200 to see you pootle off the start in an F1 race btw :lolol:

I wouldn’t go let alone pay for a Rugby League game, cricket, baseball , American Football, darts, snooker, synchronised swimming, swimming, horse jumping, over the sticks horse racing, golf tournament, women’s football or rugby and diving just for starters.

Last edited:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Tennis at Eastbourne - Back in 2006 I went there for the first day of Great Britain v Israel in The Davis Cup, which means I have actually seen Sir Andy Murray play in the flesh, but the plethora of crazed, rabid, middle aged, middle class, middle England women screaming 'Come on Andy!' made the whole experience utterly horrific and traumatic and I'll never make the mistake of going back.

PILTDOWN MAN

Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Any women's sport that has screeching women/girls attending. Done it once had a headache for days, ghastly noise.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I'm not going to the BDO World Championships darts. If I wanted to watch a pub game where the board's about half a mile away, I'd go down my local and watch a game through the wrong end of a pair of binoculars.

I dont think watching the darts is the point of going to the darts tom :lolol:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Any women's sport that has screeching women/girls attending. Done it once had a headache for days, ghastly noise.

Nearly this, just leave out the screeching women/girls bit. Women sport isn't real sport is it? Although, but had no choice due to the order of play, I did see Konta and Williams at Wimbledon last summer.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I was going to say the FA Cup, but after our luck so far, I wouldn't predict anything!
Oh wait 1983, just flashed into memory :lolol:

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
logo.png

The world's only high goal tournament on snow – established 1985
26–27–28 January 2018
on the frozen lake of St. Moritz

PILTDOWN MAN

Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Nearly this, just leave out the screeching women/girls bit. Women sport isn't real sport is it? Although, but had no choice due to the order of play, I did see Konta and Williams at Wimbledon last summer.

I was trying to be respectful to the participants but you're right.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here