Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Promotion to the PL was worth £200M, or so we kept being reminded.....

Gazz15

May 13, 2014
Newhaven
WHY was / has the money not been invested in the team last summer, to try to keep us in the Premier League?

We seem to have had a half hearted go at it, spending a bit of that cash but not really having a proper go!

IF we do go down, then I think it's game over for this particular Board, we will need bigger investors to get a team worthy of promotion again, a bit like Wolves have done.

All very disappointing, despite the great efforts of a top Championship side to survive in the bigtime. Truth is the players have had their chance at the bigtime, and are now falling away as we approach the sharp end of the season.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Exceedingly disappointing that after the summer striker debacle we didn't get one lined up to sign on day 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 , 13 or 14 of this January window.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Some of us remember 1979 - 1983 ...... thank god Tony does as well !!!!

clif26

Oct 18, 2010
I can’t think of an adequate replacement for CH, though I worry about his history of getting a team promoted but not keeping them up.
Similarly Anthony K dazzled in the Championship, but can’t hack it at the top (deja vu Leicester )
Why spend millions on a striker when we have Baldock ?
I honestly can’t fault the team, but everyone else has sussed out the style we play.

Gazz15

May 13, 2014
Newhaven
To have two 34+ year olds playing in the PL is too much of a burden for the other players, between them they cost us 4 pts v Everton & Burnley on their own.

I wonder what happened to all the money (£200M), as we haven't been brave enough to use it on the team, and it is the one disappointing aspect of the season, poor at Board level imho?

Hamilton

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Exceedingly disappointing that after the summer striker debacle we didn't get one lined up to sign on day 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 , 13 or 14 of this January window.

I'm calm, and in a previous poll I ventured that we might not sign anyone, but I'm a little frustrated that nothing has happened. I'm guessing that the market is just too prohibitive. No point in splashing cash and busting wage structures if we caught between survival and relegation. We don't need that on our backs if we are in the championship.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
I can’t think of an adequate replacement for CH, though I worry about his history of getting a team promoted but not keeping them up.
Similarly Anthony K dazzled in the Championship, but can’t hack it at the top (deja vu Leicester )
Why spend millions on a striker when we have Baldock ?
I honestly can’t fault the team, but everyone else has sussed out the style we play.

Has Hughton been relegated from the Premier League?

Wasn’t he sacked?

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
'Fraid so. A richer board, we need to rebuild this team even if we go down, Glen Murray 35 next season and a 38 years old Bruno just cannot cut it.

No thanks, you would really be happy with some anonymous foreign billionaire who simply wants a plaything to show off about at the next super yacht regatta ? That would be the time I would cancel my season ticket to make way for one of the premier league fans on the waiting list.
Avoiding relegation is not and never has been the be all and end all of BHAFC.

PILTDOWN MAN

Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
'Fraid so. A richer board, we need to rebuild this team even if we go down, Glen Murray 35 next season and a 38 years old Bruno just cannot cut it.

You do realise how wealthy our chairman is do you?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yes, we'll pop down and buy one at NewRichBoards'R'Us, shall we? It's only a few doors down the road from 20Goals-a-seasonStrikers'R'Us, I believe. We should pop down there one afternoon and sort it out (best try Wednesdays - they might do a 10% discount for the over 65s like B&Q do).

Gazz15

May 13, 2014
Newhaven
No thanks, you would really be happy with some anonymous foreign billionaire who simply wants a plaything to show off about at the next super yacht regatta ? That would be the time I would cancel my season ticket to make way for one of the premier league fans on the waiting list.
Avoiding relegation is not and never has been the be all and end all of BHAFC.

It is the way football has gone the last 15 years or so, either go with the flow or stay as a Championship side or worse?

Foreign investors are falling over themselves to pump money into British football clubs, especially ones with great set ups.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
It is the way football has gone the last 15 years or so, either go with the flow or stay as a Championship side or worse?

Foreign investors are falling ver themselves to pump money into British football clubs, especially ones with great set ups.

If selling the soul of the club is the price to be paid to stay in the Premier League then I fully embrace Championship or lower. I also think TB is fully capable of having us compete with the clubs in the bottom half of the Premier anyway so there’s really no need to panic.

Gazz15

May 13, 2014
Newhaven
If selling the soul of the club is the price to be paid to stay in the Premier League then I fully embrace Championship or lower. I also think TB is fully capable of having us compete with the clubs in the bottom half of the Premier anyway so there’s really no need to panic.

Let's see shall we, the next 3 months will tell it's own story? I don't think it is necessary to 'sell one's soul' either.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

SERIOUSLY ?? You want a new board ? You want the chance of a foreign Archer ? I suspect you weren't around in the bad years ! I'd rather we were L2 team with Bloom in charge then some forieign f**kwit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here