Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Is it time for Propper to get played in the No.10 role?

brighton terra

Dec 5, 2008
Worthing
With Kayal running the show on Monday and making us far more threatening yesterday, is it time for Propper to be given the chance to push forward and impress in the No.10 role? We’ve all seen what he can do their for the Dutch national side?

Much as I love Gross, I think he’s been found out by opposing managers and it would be no surprise if he’s starting to flag a little due to his extraordinary work rate.

FindonFan

Jul 15, 2014
Interesting, I quite like that idea - but I wouldn’t drop Gross,
As you suggest, with Kayal and Stephens in as CMs, and Propper moved forward to the No 10 spot, I’d use Gross on the right of midfield instead of AK. I see him as a strong, athletic player, naturally right footed who has the ability to take on defenders and either pass the ball early or get to the byline and hit accurate crosses to either Murray or Propper. He also has the stamina to get back to help his full back plus a height advantage over AK.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
To be honest, I think both Propper and Gross (and Stephens as well for that matter) could do with a break. We obviously can't rest all three, but hopefully now that we've got Kayal and Baldock back, CH can freshen things up a bit - the results haven't been good lately, but worse than that we've been starting to look pretty stale.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Was thinking the same this morning. I’d like to see Propper ahead of Stephens and Kayal, with Baldock starting up front. Worth a try against Chelsea where Hemed and Murray are unlikely to get a sniff anyway, whereas Baldock can run the channels and offer an outlet on the break. Hold Murray back for a final push if we’re in touch.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Was thinking the same this morning. I’d like to see Propper ahead of Stephens and Kayal, with Baldock starting up front. Worth a try against Chelsea where Hemed and Murray are unlikely to get a sniff anyway, whereas Baldock can run the channels and offer an outlet on the break. Hold Murray back for a final push if we’re in touch.
Wouldn't object to trying that.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here