Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Time for Knockaert to be dropped?

Is it tme for Knockaert to be dropped?

• Yes

Votes: 105 57.4%
  • No

Votes: 78 42.6%

• Total voters

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Getting a bit fed up with his sulky attitude, can't be good for the team spirit, and let's face it, he is largely under performing this season, we all know he's capable of better so why isn't he doing it? Is his heart not in it anymore? Is he not up for the fight?...

Is it time to go with March & Izquierdo?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Getting a bit fed up with his sulky attitude, can't be good for the team spirit, and let's face it, he is largely under performing this season, we all know he's capable of better so why isn't he doing it? Is his heart not in it anymore? Is he not up for the fight?...

Not for me. March is awful and lacking confidence, his crosses rarely beat the first man and given that Murray has stopped going near post since Utd, no point for me.

Also, defensively Knockaert is better than any of the others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not for me. March is awful and lacking confidence, his crosses rarely beat the first man and given that Murray has stopped going near post since Utd, no point for me.

Also, defensively Knockaert is better than any of the others.

Agreed. José seems to be the scapegoat but I’d certainly prefer him to the really frustrating March. Knocky defends and chases better than either of them and is clearly frustrated that he doesn’t have a forward outlet when he does run at defenders, so tries to do too much himself. I might be sulking a bit in frustration too in his position.

One Teddy Maybank

Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Agreed. José seems to be the scapegoat but I’d certainly prefer him to the really frustrating March. Knocky defends and chases better than either of them and is clearly frustrated that he doesn’t have a forward outlet when he does run at defenders, so tries to do too much himself. I might be sulking a bit in frustration too in his position.

Quite. Good point about options for Knockaert, last season we had Baldock and were a threat when we attacked.

This season the two opposing CBs only have to focus on one forward who invariably has no pace and makes the same runs. Gross is effectively a 5th midfielder.

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Knocky is stinking the place out with his attitude and form this season.
How he wasn’t hooked off half time I don’t know.

When is Tilley going to get a chance?!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Oh goody, another poll.

Its a 'no' from me.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Not sure I agree with you on March. He's great in the centre but his final cross / pass is more often than not woefully lacking. I want to say sloppy but that seems a tad harsh. I'd loan March out to allow him to resolve that final third problem but without putting our own results at risk.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Knocky is stinking the place out with his attitude and form this season.
How he wasn’t hooked off half time I don’t know.

When is Tilley going to get a chance?!
Does seem that he is undroppable and teachers pet???

Agree his attitude and sulks are a bloody joke and can see why Leicester shipped him out as to be fair he's too good for the championship but not good enough for the premiership :)

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I'd like to see him used as an impact sub.
I don't think he has done enough to warrant being the winger guaranteed a starting slot.
Not that any of them have, but knocky has been given the run of games that the other two haven't.

Solly was excellent at the start of the season. Izquierdo needs a run of games to get the team used to playing to his strengths.

Knocky is exactly the sort of player who will try and make something happen when coming off the bench.
Let's give that a try for 4 or 5 games

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
voted no for the simply reason of who do you replace him with. The only option is march who has been no better in my opinion. Someone suggested Tilley but with the massive onus we place on defensive structure i would say to early for him.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
Aug 8, 2005
Not for me. I think Knockaert is being harshly judged. I said at the start of the season this would happen. The problem isn’t Knockaert, the problem is getting the ball to Knockaert in the right areas. He is a player that will look good in a winning team, and not so good in a losing team. We need to find ways of stretching defences more. It was no coincidence that Knockaert and March saw more of the ball and had more space as soon as Baldock came on.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Every time I watch he throws a sulk, has a go at team mates and gets into tangle with an opposing player.

He is going to get sent off in a key game this season.

This is not all down to him, he clearly thinks he needs more help

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
he's too good for the championship but not good enough for the premiership :)

Probably this.

Who do we have that would be better - anyone (that goes for the rest of the team as well)?

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
I agree we do not have anyone better based on his best performances but they are all too few this season and these sulky on pitch displays can't look good to the rest of the team when they see it, he needs to have the right attitude for a relegation scrap and for me he does not have that at the moment.

One Teddy Maybank

Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I agree we do not have anyone better based on his best performances but they are all too few this season and these sulky on pitch displays can't look good to the rest of the team when they see it, he needs to have the right attitude for a relegation scrap and for me he does not have that at the moment.

I’d argue that with the 60 yard full pace sprint back yesterday after Gross had balls’d up the corner.

I call that a good example and putting in a shift for his teammates.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here