Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Should Chris Hughton be given a full season even it it means relegation ?

Should Chris be given a full season ?

• Yes

Votes: 321 87.2%
  • Unsure

Votes: 27 7.3%
  • No

Votes: 20 5.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Should Chris Hughton be given a full season even it it means relegation ?

Should we be different from the others and show hope and loyalty ?

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
Yes, i believe so, as having him would give us a real chance of coming straight back up, and may have learnt his lessons about negativity, so will try to do things differently if we were to go back up, similar to Dyche.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Not too happy tonight but it has to be a yes, surely ?

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I’m on the fence. We’ve seen ourselves how hard it is to get out of the Championship. Hull and Sunderland are proving just how hard it can be when you get relegated. Surely we have to do everything we can to stay up. I trust Uncle Tony and i’ll support his call on this.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
You've only got to look at Burnley to see what a stable manager can do with a squad. Keep CH even if we got relegated and sooner or later, he will get us up again.
We haven't gone overboard with wages, and I can't see many players leaving. We were all raving about Dunk & Duffy, but the way our defence concedes at corners, I can't see any other team actually wanting them. They should be scoring from corners too. Get your head on in, lads.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Does a bear sh!t in the woods.....
Is the Pope a Catholic........
Does Haha dive........
Is The Complete And Utter Shyster a Complete And Utter Shyster.........

Yada Yada Yada...

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
You've only got to look at Burnley to see what a stable manager can do with a squad. Keep CH even if we got relegated and sooner or later, he will get us up again.
We haven't gone overboard with wages, and I can't see many players leaving. We were all raving about Dunk & Duffy, but the way our defence concedes at corners, I can't see any other team actually wanting them. They should be scoring from corners too. Get your head on in, lads.

Didn’t look like some of those players were really playing for him today. Squad looked unhappy and low in confidence. Duffy and AK in particular looked very out of sorts.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Recruitment team has failed him with the striker fail at the start of the season. Always going to hamper him hence the negative tactics

He only plays one striker!! Makes it a lot harder to sign one when you’re fighting for one place with Murray, Hemed and Baldock .

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Didn’t look like some of those players were really playing for him today. Squad looked unhappy and low in confidence. Duffy and AK in particular looked very out of sorts.

I didn't notice any difference in attitude or application.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Of course he should get a full season. And the next one, wherever we end up. Stability, a la Burnley, rather than the shit storm, managerial merry go round of countless basket case clubs in the championship.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Most clubs in the Prem only play with one striker, it's been like that for about 10 years :shrug:

Admittedly, many play 4-2-3-1, but with a genuine attacker in the hole. Others play two up top, like West Brom today. Some play 4-3-3, allowing the wide players to push up more. Some play two up top like West Brom today. Burnley played one up top against us, but changed it, bringing Barnes on to try and win the game.

Today we actually brought on a second striker. First time this season?

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I didn't notice any difference in attitude or application.

Really? AK looks broken and sulky, a beaten man. Knocked off the ball far too easily. Duffy’s body language struck me today, throwing his arms up at team mates on a number of occasions. I really hope chris can turn it around, but it’s beginning to feel like a tough ask to get back the positivity and togetherness

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here