Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Baggies support

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Credit where credit’s due - despite not being a fan of the solitary naff drummer - but their fans got behind their team today.

dazzer6666

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Probably the best home support this season (despite clackers). Nice ground, very easy drive both ways, parking close by, back on the M5 in no time.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Proper old school club, aren't they? Been around for ages, mostly in the top flight, without ever being a big moneybags, billy-big-bollocks type outfit - no surprise they've got a decent fan-base.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
They were good. Was hard for us to get going today. Didnt help they sang all our songs as well.

Say all you want about clackers and drums but they can work.

It's about time our home support stopped being so precious and really got behind the team. If the North stand could just get together and sing as one it would be a move in the right direction.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
They were good. Was hard for us to get going today. Didnt help they sang all our songs as well.

Say all you want about clackers and drums but they can work.

It's about time our home support stopped being so precious and really got behind the team. If the North stand could just get together and sing as one it would be a move in the right direction.

Another step in the right direction would be the 'song police' whinging about songs/chants that are sung.
Oooh we can't sing that - it's cringeworthy. Other clubs sing that.

Just get on with it and sing.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
helps when you are 1 - 0 up after 4 minutes

Not wanting to get into a point scoring debate but I don’t remember the Amex being a cauldron of noise after we went 1 nil up after 5 mins against Bournemouth. They made a decent noise today.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
Apr 5, 2014
Proper old school club, aren't they? Been around for ages, mostly in the top flight, without ever being a big moneybags, billy-big-bollocks type outfit - no surprise they've got a decent fan-base.

Yes. The sort of club people support for local geographical reasons and family ties. Much like ourselves.

dazzer6666

Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Thought their little ‘fanzone’, centred around the Greggs building was alright too. Good food and beer at Midlands prices, friendly atmosphere, big screen and an (admittedly crap) band.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Thought their little ‘fanzone’, centred around the Greggs building was alright too. Good food and beer at Midlands prices, friendly atmosphere, big screen and an (admittedly crap) band.

Glad I went to the fanzone, beer wasn't great but as you say the prices were good.
The concourse at the away end was far too small for a sell out away following, decent selection of food and drink on sale though TBF, including spirits.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Another step in the right direction would be the 'song police' whinging about songs/chants that are sung.
Oooh we can't sing that - it's cringeworthy. Other clubs sing that.

Just get on with it and sing.

They seemed to keep it simple with songs they all knew, rather than 20 fans trying to start a new chant that others don't know the words.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I don’t know what you lot are talking about. I sat in the home end today, and aside from about 5 minutes after the first goal and for the last 10 minutes of the game, they barely sang. I only got out of my seat twice in the whole game!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here