• hole in one

Votes: 9 19.1%
  • other

Votes: 5 10.6%

• Total voters

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Except for scoring away.... My old man thinks that 300 at bowling is harder than a 147. Now I could fluke a 300 but I couldnt fluke a 147. I could possibly fluke a 9 dart check out, 147 for me

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
Probably completely wrong but went for hole in one. Don't know why :lolol:

9 darter is 9 perfect throws
300 is more than that. 11/12?
147 is a lot of shots
Hole in one depends really. I mean I've had the odd one on crazy golf but they're rare aren't they in like major championships

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 5, 2014
Scoring a goal away from home lately.

The poll is done on the assumption that, whilst difficult, these options are at least.... achievable...

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Defending a corner

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
I've had a 300 at bowling. Twice in fact. And I can honestly say that a 147 is surely much much harder (not that I've ever played snooker).

That's not to say that a 300 is easy by any stretch either..

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
9 dart check out: repetition, usually in terms of being able to hit the treble 20 several times in a few shots from the same starting point each time

300 at 10 pin bowling: usually achieved by repetition of a good line bowled from a similar starting point

147 in snooker: 21 shots where you have to maneuver the white ball and also split and move the object balls in order to be able to maintain position and create the opportunity to pot the next red, black, red, black..... combination. Skill plays a massive part in this but sometimes a bit of luck is also needed (but not necessarily every time someone makes one)

hole in one: a lot of luck involved in a single shot rather than being purely down to skill (otherwise the best in the game would be able to hit a hole in one virtually every round) ability helps, but doesn't make it a certainty

So for me it's between the last 2 in terms of difficulty, but i would go for the 147 because there is so much more involved than just 1 shot

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
I love the way people are saying you can do a 9 dart finish by luck.

I'll wait while these people try. I will be very old and you won't have done it.

A tour pro hits a hole in one once in every 2500 tee shots on a par three.

Ronnie has made 13 147s in tournaments. Pretty sure he has played nowhere near 32500 frames as a pro.

That suggests the best snooker player is much more likely to make a 147 than a pro golfer is to make a hole in one.

For an amateur a hole in one is much more likely than a 147. The other way round for pros.

dazzer6666

Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
9 dart check out: repetition, usually in terms of being able to hit the treble 20 several times in a few shots from the same starting point each time

300 at 10 pin bowling: usually achieved by repetition of a good line bowled from a similar starting point

147 in snooker: 21 shots where you have to maneuver the white ball and also split and move the object balls in order to be able to maintain position and create the opportunity to pot the next red, black, red, black..... combination. Skill plays a massive part in this but sometimes a bit of luck is also needed (but not necessarily every time someone makes one)

hole in one: a lot of luck involved in a single shot rather than being purely down to skill (otherwise the best in the game would be able to hit a hole in one virtually every round) ability helps, but doesn't make it a certainty

So for me it's between the last 2 in terms of difficulty, but i would go for the 147 because there is so much more involved than just 1 shot

147 every time. A 28 handicapper can hit a hole in one, an amatuer snooker player, even at a good club standard, has virtually no chance of a 147. A 9-darter is far more achievable than a 147.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
I love the way people are saying you can do a 9 dart finish by luck.

I'll wait while these people try. I will be very old and you won't have done it.

A tour pro hits a hole in one once in every 2500 tee shots on a par three.

Ronnie has made 13 147s in tournaments. Pretty sure he has played nowhere near 32500 frames as a pro.

That suggests the best snooker player is much more likely to make a 147 than a pro golfer is to make a hole in one.

For an amateur a hole in one is much more likely than a 147. The other way round for pros.

If I was at a snooker table all day and a darts board the next day I can guarantee that I would get neither but a 9 dart check out or hole in one would come before a 147 if I was still alive

dazzer6666

Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
You can't fluke a 9 darter.

Correct........I reckon the time needed to practice to be able to hit one is a lot less than to get a 147 though. Played both snooker and darts at local club/league level, I know which one I’d get first if I spent more time practising. Had a ten darter, and a few 11s and 12s, but only had breaks of just 50 plus rarely, so a million miles away from a 147 and zero chance of getting there.

Never had a hole in one either......but that is one lucky hit away [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Oh goody, another poll.

Best dart finish: 12
Best snooker break: er... 15
What was the other question?

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Played league darts and snooker. Never got close to a 9 darter I think 11 was my best and that is not close. 147 never in a million years I would say this is harder although professionals did a few live 147s before the first televised 9 darter. I am a terrible golfer and I have got a hole in one and I have come close to getting a 300 even though I have only ever bowled socially with friends and work collegues usually failing because of getting too tired to be accurate towards the end.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here