Jul 19, 2010
Cornwall
Fancy this?

Ryan

Dunk Duffy Goldson

Scholotto Kayla Stephens Izzy

Propper Gross

Baldrick

Bruno, knocky, solly murray and hemed not doing it for me. Don't send Goldson on loan. Ideally with a new striker, anyone fancy izzy as a wing back?

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Goldson certainly should be playing. He looks in better form than Duffy and sending one of our best players out on loan when others in his position are struggling makes no obvious sense.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Although it is not mine to say and I don't have the experience of a professional manager, I have to say I was thinking something very much along these lines earlier.

theboybilly

The starting line-up at Stamford Bridge would have done a better job than today. We have just limply lost to a very poor West Brom side - I'm getting worried, but I'm more fed up travelling miles to watch a team set up for damage limitation and hardly any attacking nous

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
No, we've got too many huddled around our own penalty area as it is anyway, getting in each others way. While I wouldn't recommend it, I'd almost prefer to see three up front!

Take B'muff's equaliser - how many Albion bodies did it ping off in the penalty area before going in?

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Goldson certainly should be playing. He looks in better form than Duffy and sending one of our best players out on loan when others in his position are struggling makes no obvious sense.

Apart from falling on his arse twice against palace. If we’d be playing a PL game we would have conceded twice. The German did more of his chances than Goldson against Palace.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
No, we've got too many huddled around our own penalty area as it is anyway, getting in each others way. While I wouldn't recommend it, I'd almost prefer to see three up front!

Take B'muff's equaliser - how many Albion bodies did it ping off in the penalty area before going in?

Yes but with three at the back we could quite possibly go two up front, that'd be novel.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
3-5-2. We could certainly play this because we have three good CBs and we can perm 2 from 4 for wing backs. Chris and his team definitely need to find a formula that gives us a better balance between containment and attacking intent, especially away from the Amex.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
The starting line-up at Stamford Bridge would have done a better job than today. We have just limply lost to a very poor West Brom side - I'm getting worried, but I'm more fed up travelling miles to watch a team set up for damage limitation and hardly any attacking nous

That's why I've stopped going away. I have missed a handful of games home/away over the last 15 plus years but I can't justify paying out hard earned dosh to be thoroughly deflated game after game, bad fan.

ifightbears

Jul 19, 2010
Cornwall
3-5-2. We could certainly play this because we have three good CBs and we can perm 2 from 4 for wing backs. Chris and his team definitely need to find a formula that gives us a better balance between containment and attacking intent, especially away from the Amex.

Would say more 3-4-3 sounds better ;)

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Has CH ever played 3 at the back? I'm not sure he as, so can't see him adopting that half way through the season when we are on a knifes edge.

Seagulls1984

Aug 8, 2011
Steyning
Ryan
Goldson. Duffy. Dunk
Bruno. Schlotto
Stephens. Kayal
Gross
Murray. Baldock
Wing backs can be either or out of our 4 full backs . And its the only formation u can get gross and baldock in the same formation .

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
Definitely the time to try it. None of the wingers are setting the world alight. Schelotto and Suttner as wing backs. Schelotto's preferred position anyway. I'd go 3 in the middle then Baldock up top with Murray

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol

Agreed. And after six scoreless games away from home need something different also extra CB might help defending set pieces.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
I've been thinking about it, Dunk and Goldson are good on the ball and Duffy's great in the air. Schelotto and Bong/Suttner as Wing backs, think this would be more offensive and provide us with more goals.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here