Stephens 6
Propper 6
Izquierdo 6

Groß 5
Murray 6

March 6
Baldock 6.5
Kayal 6

Hard to argue with that really. I’d maybe mark Solly as 4 as I thought he was pretty poor. Crosses didn’t beat the first man, gave up too easily on balls played to his flank and wasn’t strong enough in the 50/50s.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Keeper 4
Defence 3
Centre Midfield 3
Wide Midfield 2
Forward 3

Manager 3
Barber 0 get arse in gear

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Ryan 6
Bruno 5
Dunk 5
Duffy 4
Bong 4
Knockaert 3
Stephens 6
Propper 4
Izquierdo 4
Gross 4
Murray 5

Subs.
March 5
Baldock 6
Kayal 7

djentist

Aug 15, 2017
Ryan 6

Bruno 5
Duffy 3
Dunk 5
Bong 4

Knockaert 3
Stephens 5
Pröpper 4
Izquierdo 5 (he could have and should have been given more time rather than coming off)

Groß 4

Murray 5

Subs

March 5
Baldock 6
Kayal 6

Manager 3

Literally no player that started can be proud of themselves today, and some should be ashamed. We didn't look up for the fight and cowered away in fear. Don't know what Goldson, Kayal and Baldock in particular have to do to get a proper look in.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Ryan 6

Bruno 5
Duffy 3
Dunk 5
Bong 4

Knockaert 3
Stephens 5
Pröpper 4
Izquierdo 5 (he could have and should have been given more time rather than coming off)

Groß 4

Murray 5

Subs

March 5
Baldock 6
Kayal 6

Manager 3

Literally no player that started can be proud of themselves today, and some should be ashamed. We didn't look up for the fight and cowered away in fear. Don't know what Goldson, Kayal and Baldock in particular have to do to get a proper look in.

Dead right
Thought Murray was the only one putting inn100%

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Ryan 6

Bruno 5
Duffy 3
Dunk 5
Bong 4

Knockaert 3
Stephens 5
Pröpper 4

Groß 4

Murray 5

Subs

March 5
Baldock 6
Kayal 6

Manager 3

I would go with these ratings and comments. Thought Murray was arguably our best.

Personally thought there were some poor choices in first 11 e.g. Bong and Proper and maybe Gross .

CH gets a very low mark for this game.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
This should be fun.

Ryan 6

Bruno 5
Dunk 6
Duffy 5
Bong 4

Knockaert 2
Stephens 6
Propper 6
Izquierdo 6

Groß 5
Murray 6

March 6
Baldock 6.5
Kayal 6
Generous for Propper and sadly for Bruno too

djentist

Aug 15, 2017
I would go with these ratings and comments. Thought Murray was arguably our best.

Personally thought there were some poor choices in first 11 e.g. Bong and Proper and maybe Gross .

CH gets a very low mark for this game.

Our need for a striker is well documented but if anyone could possibly emerge with any credit from today, it would have been Murray. Although he blatantly handballed it and should have cost us a penalty had the referee actually bothered to look, I liked his effort today

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Bottom line with today. They wanted it more than we did. Worst game Knockeart has played for us. 2 by the OP is more than generous.

Baldock looked lively when he came on. As much praise as I can give.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Ryan 7

Bruno 4
Dunk 5
Duffy 4
Bong 3

Knockaert 4
Stephens 7
Propper 5
Izquierdo 6

Groß 5
Murray 7

March 5
Baldock 7
Kayal 7

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
It’s a difficult one as Glen holds up the ball well when he comes deep and works hard. However he lacks any pace so I guess if we had a Glen Murray with pace then that would be a better option

So your expectation is someone who can hold the ball and then accelerate away from his marker, can't think of many of them in the PL and on our budget its not going to happen. Playing a lone striker in the PL, with your midfield supporting your defence is asking a lot of the midfield and the strikers. We are acrificing our midfield and henc eour strikers to aid and support our inadequacies in defence. Play one up top and go down, play two and we have a chance. We can't play for a draw in this league and our inability to provide our strikers with a scoring opportunity is not the strikers fault.

Coalburner

May 22, 2017
There are those on here who think Stephens is the greatest thing since sliced bread. I'm in the other camp in thinking that he is a permanent weak link. I was not at the game today bur listened to the radio commentary and time after time it was "Stephens has given the ball away" - misplaced pass 90% of the time. He has started every game this season. Probably time to rest him.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here