Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jay Rodriguez alleged to have abused (possibly racially) Gaetan Bong

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Chris Hughton confirmed a complaint has been made to the FA through the match officials.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Seems like it’s all been done by the book, up to the FA and players involved to sort it out.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
IF proven to be true, award us the three points and ban him from ever playing football again.

The only way to stamp out this kind of shit once and for all.

I'm genuinely sick of these so called role models and the pathetic way they often conduct themselves on the pitch. The disgusting example they set to children, in particular, is utterly contemptible.

If this was one our our players I'd be saying the exact same thing.

If indeed proven to be guilty, he ought to be ashamed. Too ashamed to ever walk out on a pitch again. Professional my arse.

Last edited:

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I guess evidence is the issue here. I'm sure the defendant is innocent unless proven guilty.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Do these things ever work out the other way? IE a white person called a honky, cracker, chalky ect

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
On the TV he went up to Gaetan pinched his nose nose then wafted his hand under his nose to denote the Bong stank.

If that is racist, he's guilty.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Do these things ever work out the other way? IE a white person called a honky, cracker, chalky ect

What insult is ect, other than not spelling it correctly

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
On the TV he went up to Gaetan pinched his nose nose then wafted his hand under his nose to denote the Bong stank.

Either way it's massively inflammatory and just ****ing pathetic really.

What an absolute tosser.

PILTDOWN MAN

Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

If, IF, that's what it was then be hard to show it as racist. Plus could have been aimed at most of the team. Certainly their performance stank.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
IF proven to be true, award us the three points and ban him from ever playing football again.

The only way to stamp out this kind of shit once and for all.

I'm genuinely sick of these so called role models and the pathetic way they often conduct themselves on the pitch. The disgusting example they set to children, in particular, is utterly contemptible.

If this was one our our players I'd be saying the exact same thing.

If indeed proven to be guilty, he ought to be ashamed. Too ashamed to ever walk out on a pitch again. Professional my arse.

Oh Kosh! I totally agree with your sentiment and gave your original post a thumbs up. Concise, to the point and spot on.

But then you couldn't help yourself but elaborate could you?

Football players as role models is a tired cliche. They are just people, some of them really good, some of them complete and utter c***s. If children are set an example of how to behave by the likes of John Terry, Wayne Rooney etc then their parents have done a pretty shitty job.

You were right anyway, but sometimes less is more. :kiss:

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Oh Kosh! I totally agree with your sentiment and gave your original post a thumbs up. Concise, to the point and spot on.

But then you couldn't help yourself but elaborate could you?

Football players as role models is a tired cliche. They are just people, some of them really good, some of them complete and utter c***s. If children are set an example of how to behave by the likes of John Terry, Wayne Rooney etc then their parents have done a pretty shitty job.

You were right anyway, but sometimes less is more. :kiss:

Fair enough... I'm not in a great mood I guess. :)

WATFORD zero

Jul 10, 2003
I don't know the playing history of the players involved which may have an effect.

But is it possible that the intention of the insulter wasn't the same as the interpretation of the insultee?

(I think always thought I should have had a career in law)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

The above clearly happened, was shown in close-up replays on Thai (or something) TV and I have no doubts about my interpretation of it, and it doesn't reflect well on Rodriguez.

It doesn't detract from the fact that we were utter shithouse though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here