NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Goldson for Duffy personally.

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
Agreed got to be time for Goldson to be given a go, far better on the ball and if we're not winning in the air... well then what's the point of Duffy?

Funnily enough the game v Watford in which Goldson started over Duffy was the most dominant we have been aerially for a long time.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Hate to say it but Schelotto is much better at defending set pieces than Bruno too. He gets his head on the ball instead of looking for a wrestling match.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Change personnel and formation

I'd go 5-3-2

Krul
Schelletto Dunk Goldson Duffy Sutner
Stephens Kayal Propper
Baldock Murray

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Goldson is going on loan to Ipswich isn’t he? I’d be very happy to see him given a run though, I think Uwe might deserve a run too, but I think the defence is wobbling because they know if they cock up and go a goal down we are going to lose. The pressure on them is getting to them. Remember how good they were early season? It ALL comes down to the **** up in not signing a striker.

Personally I’d drop Bruno for The Greyhound for a few games. Wasn’t there today but it sounded to me from the radio that he had a shocker? Anyone there care to comment?

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
For me the problem isnt a CB problem its how we defend set pieces as a team and why.

We set up very differently and is this down to Maty Ryan. He isnt the problem but we dont hve a keeper who dominates the six yard box so we are now having to zonel mark this area and as such have become very weak at defending all set pieces. A change in tactics is clearly needed but i dont think Dunk and Duffy are the problem.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Poll didnt show it should have read

Dunk Duffy
Dunk Goldson
Dunk Hun emier
Duffy Goldson
Duffy Hunemier
Goldson Hunemier

My choice would be Goldson Dunk or Golddson Duffy . Even consider Golddson and Hun emier.

Quick edit there BG. I was going to vote for "Sunk Goldsonu nmieer". :cool:

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
So let me get this straight, you want to take our best header of a ball out of the team to stop conceding from set pieces ?...

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
I would absolutely start with Goldson for Duffy. Duffy hasn't been bad but seeing the number of goals we concede from corners which Duffy could help to prevent (I blame CH tactics of overloading the box) we should start Goldson who reads the game so much better, better decision making and is good on the ball.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here