Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Should we switch Knocky and March?

Knocky looks like he has run out of ideas. Every team has been briefed that he comes inside onto his left foot and that has nullified his threat. March looks comfortable on the right, so is it time for Hughton to look at changing tactics and swapping the two players onto the opposite flanks?

Both players might be more affective if they could take on their opposing players on the outside. It's not working as it is, so is it worth a try?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Yes drop both as not good enough

djentist

Aug 15, 2017
The problem is that Knockaert has absolutely no pressure on his place whatsoever apart from March, which then means Izquierdo plays even if he himself hasn't been on it. Threadbare depth on the wings now unless we call upon Skalak, which is a scary proposition to be brutally honest.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Bjordal worth a try? scored couple for the U23's recently and will have the hunger to do well. 21 first week of Feb so another one if not good enough now when will he be?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
A striker who can keep up with play and give them an outlet to cross early to would be a better solution imo.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Is it time to not have 2 wingers? Can't see what they are bringing just now.

Absolutely this. Have been feeling for a while that our wingers are completely ineffective and we can’t afford to have passengers. Knockaert is struggling this year and it’s time to change the formation. I’d like to see both wingers dropped with Kayal and Baldock coming in. Kayal to play in a midfield 3 alongside Stephens and Propper and Baldock and Gross to play either side behind Murray. It would seem the sole purpose of our wingers at the moment is to simply help cover our fullbacks.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Play Baldock and one winger. The winger can then swap sides when he feels like it so as not to be so predictable.

Problem with that if Bruno plays you need someone his side as we need some sort of defending to occur.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
I think it would be a good idea , if our wingers played on there strongest side , so they could go past the defender on the outside , and not keep on cutting in

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Should we switch Knocky and March?

No - that would be like re-arranging the deckchairs on the Titanic. Bruno might be slowing down, but still has exquisite skill and a good brain - so play him in front of Schelotto down the right hand side, with Izquierdo on the left. Put Kayal alongside Stephens, and move Propper further forward.
Up front, try Propper or Gross with Baldock in front of them, as well as various combinations involving Murray or Hemed with one of the other three.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
With zaha and de bruin

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Personally I am fast coming to the conclusion (and I hope I am wrong) that Knocky is a great championship player but that is his level. I would love to be wrong but he has been a shadow of the player that terrorised defences for the last 2 years!

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Absolutely this. Have been feeling for a while that our wingers are completely ineffective and we can’t afford to have passengers. Knockaert is struggling this year and it’s time to change the formation. I’d like to see both wingers dropped with Kayal and Baldock coming in. Kayal to play in a midfield 3 alongside Stephens and Propper and Baldock and Gross to play either side behind Murray. It would seem the sole purpose of our wingers at the moment is to simply help cover our fullbacks.
Got to be worth a go. We are in a mess.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here