Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Corners...

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I'm sorry, but it's completely unacceptable that we have conceded so many goals from corners, this is basic training ground stuff and now every single team knows they can target this against us. Hughton has to take the blame for this and should have rectified the issue much sooner.

flint

Jul 9, 2003
eastbourne
Yes 3 goals in 2 league games all from opposing centre half’s.
Must be addressed as well as the overall lack of goals being scored by ourselves.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I'm sorry, but it's completely unacceptable that we have conceded so many goals from corners, this is basic training ground stuff and now every single team knows they can target this against us. Hughton has to take the blame for this and should have rectified the issue much sooner.

CH takes some of the blame yes, but ultimately if he's instructed the players on what he wants, then it's down to them to carry it out.
It's them that plays the footy, not CH!

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

Every day at training they practice this, the defenders have not let in one goal in training this season against our attack force!

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
CH takes some of the blame yes, but ultimately if he's instructed the players on what he wants, then it's down to them to carry it out.
It's them that plays the footy, not CH!

The players, for the most part, are as thick as pig shit and just do what they are told. Occasionally yes errors from individuals can occur but conceding over 10 goals from corners is not players making errors it's poor management and something needs to be changed.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
The players, for the most part, are as thick as pig shit and just do what they are told. Occasionally yes errors from individuals can occur but conceding over 10 goals from corners is not players making errors it's poor management and something needs to be changed.

So if it's poor management, what are you suggesting??

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
We are so bad in the air. Attacking wise we haven’t scored from a corner in years (come October this will officially be 2 years if we carry on the way we are) and we’re conceding near countless amounts of goals from corners. Another two today (so far).

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
So if it's poor management, what are you suggesting??

Change the way we defend corners. We can defend zonal, or maybe just do some work on the training ground so that the opposition don't get so many uncontested headers in the box.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Change the way we defend corners. We can defend zonal, or maybe just do some work on the training ground so that the opposition don't get so many uncontested headers in the box.

I agree with this, but don't you think that this has already been addressed.
IMO I think our players are a tad tired, together with a lack of urgency.
We've virtually played with the same side so far this season, it's time to start Kayal, CG, BFG and Baldrick, for an added inventiveness.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I agree with this, but don't you think that this has already been addressed.
IMO I think our players are a tad tired, together with a lack of urgency.
We've virtually played with the same side so far this season, it's time to start Kayal and Baldrick, for an added incentives.

Sorry, tiredness doesn't excuse inept defending from corners. These are fundamentals, and have cost us a shed load of points this season. In fact could be what sends us down.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Sorry, tiredness doesn't excuse inept defending from corners. These are fundamentals, and have cost us a shed load of points this season. In fact could be what sends us down.

Okay if it's not working, give others a chance perhaps?

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Call them in for extra set piece training on Sunday morning. Need to sort this out it's going to send us down at this rate.

D

Deleted member 2719

I can make allowances about Hughton not understanding the attacking roles but as a defender he should be able to teach his player how to defend corners, it is a major failure on his part and he needs to get it sorted quick.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
I can make allowances about Hughton not understanding the attacking roles but as a defender he should be able to teach his player how to defend corners, it is a major failure on his part and he needs to get it sorted quick.

I'm surprised you're not blaming Murray.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here