Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Two gents at Steve Piper’s funeral :An Appeal

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Need some help NSC’ers please, two brothers went to Pipes’s funeral, with them they bought Steve’s shirt from the Sheff Wednesday game in 1977 which he threw into the crowd on the final whistle after the Albion had clinched promotion.
Having kept it for nearly 41 years returned the shirt as they wanted Steve grandson, Jack, to have it, like the Lone Ranger they left the wake without the family really getting a chance to thank them.
What we do know is the brothers used to be, or could still be, in the amusement arcade business, they clearly are big Albion fans, going back many years.
The Piper family clearly want to thank them properly, so if anyone has any info can you PM me please?

Thanks

Harty

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Need some help NSC’ers please, two brothers went to Pipes’s funeral, with them they bought Steve’s shirt from the Sheff Wednesday game in 1977 which he threw into the crowd on the final whistle after the Albion had clinched promotion.
Having kept it for nearly 41 years returned the shirt as they wanted Steve grandson, Jack, to have it, like the Lone Ranger they left the wake without the family really getting a chance to thank them.
What we do know is the brothers used to be, or could still be, in the amusement arcade business, they clearly are big Albion fans, going back many years.
The Piper family clearly want to thank them properly, so if anyone has any info can you PM me please?

Thanks

Harty

Don't suppose it would be any of the Heal
brothers ?

They certainly had/have interests in Amusement Arcades etc and I believe did watch the Albion.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Don't suppose it would be any of the Heal
brothers ?

They certainly had/have interests in Amusement Arcades etc and I believe did watch the Albion.

That was what I wondered. They still run one of the West St. arcades I believe, as well as various seafront enterprises.

C A Heal & Sons Amusements Limited
trading as C A Heal & Sons Amusements Ltd
Address Regency Leisure
63-64 West Street
City BRIGHTON
Postcode BN1 2RA

Good on them if so.

PG

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills