Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] BBC Ten o'clock News tonight

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
What a relief. A news bulletin containing real news, interesting news, without the usual BBC/British obsession about the NHS. For days and weeks it's been NHS this and NHS that as though nothing else of importance is happening in the country or the world. Every country has to deal with flu outbreaks, with hospital overcrowding, with increasingly elderly populations ... but do they all give their health service problems headline news coverage day after day after day. I don't believe so. This country is obsessed by the NHS. There is other news. Please lets hear some of it.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
It's important people don't forget about it because once it's gone, it's gone .

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jun 26, 2009
East
You’re fed up of all the talk about the NHS, so you start a thread about... :facepalm:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
What a relief. A news bulletin containing real news, interesting news, without the usual BBC/British obsession about the NHS. For days and weeks it's been NHS this and NHS that as though nothing else of importance is happening in the country or the world. Every country has to deal with flu outbreaks, with hospital overcrowding, with increasingly elderly populations ... but do they all give their health service problems headline news coverage day after day after day. I don't believe so. This country is obsessed by the NHS. There is other news. Please lets hear some of it.

Don't get old or pick up a serious condition, because then you will find out why people are obsessed by the NHS.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
Apr 5, 2014
I was thinking the NHS was pretty important. Especially at this time of year.

Better than talking about that impotent prune across the pond.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
As we’re talking about the NHS, it would appear that the government is letting it fail so more and more of it can be handed over to the private sector.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
As we’re talking about the NHS, it would appear that the government is letting it fail so more and more of it can be handed over to the private sector.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

If the government lets the NHS fail it will cease to be the government.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
Aug 8, 2005
Really? All they talked about was Trump calling countries shitholes. How is that real news?

Only blessing is they didn’t mention Brexit once.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
One of the complaints about the BBC is that they often run stories about politicians, ones that are of very little interest to the general public outside the Westminster bubble. Journalists, the complaint goes, (and there's some justification for it) should be covering stories that are of real interest to the population as a whole, things that people are talking about.

So, when the BBC does do this, people are still moaning ... :facepalm:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
They did mention a doctor who branded his patients livers with his initials.....does that count as the obligatory NHS news?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
An 18 year old girl died from complications from flu, two people have died on trollish in corridors because there are not enough beds, but you don't want to hear about it.

I sincerely hope you don't need to use a doctor or hospital in the future, or you might start to have some understanding of the massive problem we have at the moment.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

If you had the merest inkling as to what the NHS means to the vast majority of this country, and what's happening to it, you'd realise just what meaningless white noise your post is. Seriously, belt up.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

I can only assume this is a 'look at me being controversial' type post. That or you just don't watch/listen to the news.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
Apr 5, 2014
An 18 year old girl died from complications from flu, two people have died on trollish in corridors because there are not enough beds, but you don't want to hear about it.

I sincerely hope you don't need to use a doctor or hospital in the future, or you might start to have some understanding of the massive problem we have at the moment.

Slightly Freudian error of spelling where the OP is concerned.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

Don't ever get I'll enough to end up on a trolley in a corridor in A&E, or need an operation that's repeatedly cancelled.
When news about the NHS gets hidden the worst of the problems will prevail

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
I have to agree with the O/P.
That is not to downplay the importance of the NHS , rather a criticism of the news media and it's obsession with it . I believe it can only be political bias or a simple belief that it is their job to hammer the government of the day, whatever party it is.
Give us real news please. At the moment every critical report , substantiated or not is blown up to headline proportions.
The world is a big place . I want to know what is going on outside of our little island, as well as locally. Thank goodness for Sky and a selection of worldwide news channels.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Vote Tory - get Tory

They are killing the NHS but then they are killing most things .

Backed by the sun though and other popular media .

Luckily Corbyn is still galvanising but maybe too late to undo the real damaging Tory disasters

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here