Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Leonard - 16yr old from Hearts

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Hearts have agreed a deal to sell kid Marc Leonard to Brighton.

SunSport understands an agreement has been reached which will see the 16-year-old attacking midfielder join the Seagulls.

It’s thought Newcastle, Celtic and Everton were also keen on the Scotland starlet.

But a switch to the Amex could now see the Jambos net as much as £350,000 based on appearances.

Leonard penned a new three-year deal with Hearts in June.

He hasn’t played for their first team but has trained with them.

Leonard was also invited to join in with the Scotland Under-21s in September when he was still only 15.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
He is now the third best Scottish player in the Premier League. Fact.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Another one for the future. Shame we never actually see any of these kids come through into the senior squad. Well rarely!

We've got juniors out on loan in League 1. Not long ago we were in League 1. It will take time. Not many of these kids will make it at the highest level, but one or two may well do so, and then all this recruitment will be shown to be justified.

I fact it is so frustrating how dismissive so many people are of our youth signings - for me this is one of the real plus-points of being in the premier league, and one of the big credits to the recruitment team - that they are building our future and not just thinking of the here and now.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Hurrah! Another Scottish Wonder-Kid - it's far too long since we had the last one! But I won't....errmmm....Harp on about it............

Seriously though, welcome to Brighton, and hope you do well. I'd love to see an occasional teenager in our first team (if they're good enough they're old enough, etc. etc.), and if he can become one of them, then £350K is cheap at the price.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Hopefully one or two make it through to the first team, but it is a numbers game, and I wish him the best. Some great Scots players throughout the years. Welcome Marc, the weather is much better, and fewer midges :) . I'll put my kilt order through to Amazon in a couple of seasons :)

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jun 27, 2012
Hurrah! Another Scottish Wonder-Kid - it's far too long since we had the last one! But I won't....errmmm....Harp on about it............

Seriously though, welcome to Brighton, and hope you do well. I'd love to see an occasional teenager in our first team (if they're good enough they're old enough, etc. etc.), and if he can become one of them, then £350K is cheap at the price.

Its rare but the last teenager, i think, to feature in a first team squad was U23s captain; Max Sanders, 19, when he was named in the 18 for the Man United FA cup game.
The last to have a run of league game apps was Tomori , then 19, at tail end of 16/17 season but he was of course on loan from Chelsea.
According to this, Albion had the oldest average age of any Premier League squad last season - 28.8 years.
https://talksport.com/football/3404...rage-age-ranked-youngest-oldest-180207271564/

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Its rare but the last teenager, i think, to feature in a first team squad was U23s captain; Max Sanders, 19, when he was named in the 18 for the Man United FA cup game.
The last to have a run of league game apps was Tomori , then 19, at tail end of 16/17 season but he was of course on loan from Chelsea.
According to this, Albion had the oldest average age of any Premier League squad last season - 28.8 years.
https://talksport.com/football/3404...rage-age-ranked-youngest-oldest-180207271564/
Ah, Tomori.......now there's one HGP I'd like to have to complete our quartet of CBs!

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
We need to get some serious young talent into the side in the next few weeks if we can stay in the top under 23 division. From the team that got us there we have lost. Santos goalkeeper loan. Bjordal winger sold, Alzate midfield loan, Mateju full back sold, Dallison centre half sold, That is half the regular starters in the good run at the end of the season. It is a step up next season with new players.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here