• Other

Votes: 6 7.4%

• Total voters

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I voted other. It is not possible to 'harvest' points as Paul Barber ticks off a register of who actually attends home and away games, and removes any loyalty points if you don't attend.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
I voted other. It is not possible to 'harvest' points as Paul Barber ticks off a register of who actually attends home and away games, and removes any loyalty points if you don't attend.

Not all games I dont think

I voted I (should have been It) depends, it doesn't really affect me TBH just curious

/

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
I only see it as an issue if the game would otherwise be a sell out

Actually I changed my mind as it gives people with more money an unfair edge

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If the club wanted you to do this, they would just sell harvester point bundles directly, no need to include a ticket.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I only see it as an issue if the game would otherwise be a sell out

Do you think so?

Say it's a home cup match, then the club are giving you a few loyalty points, in return for your (financial) commitment.

For an away game, they are rewarding your loyalty - your personal commitment to travel the country and give your support for the team on the field.

If you are not intending to attend that match, all you are actually doing is handing over £30 to one of our rival clubs. On what possible level is it right or proper that you would expect our club to reward you for that?

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Do you think so?

Say it's a home cup match, then the club are giving you a few loyalty points, in return for your (financial) commitment.

For an away game, they are rewarding your loyalty - your personal commitment to travel the country and give your support for the team on the field.

If you are not intending to attend that match, all you are actually doing is handing over £30 to one of our rival clubs. On what possible level is it right or proper that you would expect our club to reward you for that?

Yeah I edited my post a minute ago having thought a bit more but for not quite the same reason

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I voted other.

Morally, of course it is unfair to harvest points however Brighton, and a host of other clubs have effectively allowed it.

In Brighton's case they got the Bournemouth cup game astronomically wrong with the amount of points they allocated tied in with the cheap tickets and the knowledge the club don't take the cup seriously. Has there been any serious harvesting of points at any other game?

Also, if the club are going to police it then they need to know who has used a ticket at an away game. I suspect there are many instances where mates aren't interested in going and pass on their ticket to someone else further down the loyalty tiers. It's happened in years gone by and no doubt is still going on. Obviously, they won't be doing that.

As for other clubs, Man Utd allow their season ticket holders to let others use their ticket. Was talking to some in London before the West Ham game who has a season at Old Trafford but only goes about 4 times a year. Can guess which games he goes to but effectively jumping the waiting list whilst probably making a profit on his ticket.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here