Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How much money do we actually have to spend?

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I'm afraid I don't keep up with all the financial stuff, but how much money do we realistically have that we can spend in this window?

• We lost quite a bit last year, and the previous year - so presumably cannot lose too much again this year (FFP)?
  • We get quite a decent income from Sky / PL, and so on.
  • We spent a bit in the summer on players, and didn't get much back in from transfers.
  • I would have thought we're not going to get a lot in transfers this window either.

So - given all that, what sort of money do we actually have in the kitty to spend on a striker (or anyone else) without gambling too much on the new player definitely keeping us up?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I would think the only man who knows for definite is TB although PB and GW may have some idea.

I'd say the board, finance director, CEO will have a very good idea of how things are going !

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
£1000 and a new set of kit.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
I'm afraid I don't keep up with all the financial stuff, but how much money do we realistically have that we can spend in this window?

• We lost quite a bit last year, and the previous year - so presumably cannot lose too much again this year (FFP)?
  • We get quite a decent income from Sky / PL, and so on.
  • We spent a bit in the summer on players, and didn't get much back in from transfers.
  • I would have thought we're not going to get a lot in transfers this window either.

So - given all that, what sort of money do we actually have in the kitty to spend on a striker (or anyone else) without gambling too much on the new player definitely keeping us up?

Sure someone will give a more definitive answer but im sure ffp is different in the premier league so last years loss isnt relevant to any losses made this year

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
We were reportedly unsuccessfully bidding around £20m for players towards the end of the last window, so that money must still be available.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
How much was bid for Janssen? We know it’s at least that much assuming the budget hasn’t been reduced since August.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
20p.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We lost quite a bit last year, and the previous year - so presumably cannot lose too much again this year (FFP)?
We can lose about £39m this year and still be fine I think. No problem spending as much as TB likes from FFP point of view.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I think that the transfer fee would be less of an issue than wage demands and not wanting to upset the club's wage structure.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
madness. if Coutinho is worth 144m then so is Sanchez. I guess because length of contract left?

Yeah out of contact in the Summer. City were willing to pay £60m in August but less now they have won the league and Jesus is out for less time than expected. They want to get him on a free at the end of the season, but United might nip in this window and get him instead.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here