Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] "West Brom, without a win in their last 20 Premier League games"

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Shirley we won't play three PL teams back into form in a row?

As long as I can remember, we've always been the go-to team to break a poor run of form. We even gave Palace their first point and clean sheet.

Its just the law.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
As long as I can remember, we've always been the go-to team to break a poor run of form. We even gave Palace their first point and clean sheet.
First clean sheet, but they'd won 2 and drawn 2 before they played us.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Looks like our scouts should have kept a closer eye on Merseyside - Sturridge on loan would have been great for us, and across Stanley Park Lennon and Barkley were on the 'for sale' list too - although I guess wages would have been a problem, especially for Barkley.

The fact that we are Brighton might have been an issue too.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Looks like our scouts should have kept a closer eye on Merseyside - Sturridge on loan would have been great for us, and across Stanley Park Lennon and Barkley were on the 'for sale' list too - although I guess wages would have been a problem, especially for Barkley.

Sturridge wages - WBA are no wealthier than the real Albion.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Sturridge is on a kings ransom, and refuses to play if he's got a raggy fingernail. West Brom have taken a massive punt on him getting them the goals, I'd be very worried about the likes of him rocking up.

Barkley would hardly have chosen us over Chelsea, and as for Lennon, I don't see another winger as a priority. He's hardly ripped it up since his mental problems.

I think our scouts are doing alright.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
How long before he is in the physio room? 2 games? A fit Sturridge is a very good player but that doesn't happen very often and with his wages, not worth the risk, imo.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Sturridge could have been a World class player. SO much natural ability. But the consensus has been that it's not just the injuries that have held him back, it's attitude. Agree with Easy that it's a massive gamble for WBA. If he stays fit and plays as well as he is capable of then it could be an amazing signing. Fortunately the likelihood of both those things happening is extremely low. Hopefully Pardew will piss him off in his first week there and he'll revert to sulk mode.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Sturridge is on a kings ransom, and refuses to play if he's got a raggy fingernail. West Brom have taken a massive punt on him getting them the goals, I'd be very worried about the likes of him rocking up.

Barkley would hardly have chosen us over Chelsea, and as for Lennon, I don't see another winger as a priority. He's hardly ripped it up since his mental problems.

I think our scouts are doing alright.
Can't really argue with any of that. I do wonder how much of Sturridge's wages Liverpool are covering - if any, of course. Lennon is - or certainly was - a better winger than anything we've got (and of course would have sent NSC into ecstasy if that meant we could give away poor old Skalak!). As for Barkley, tbh I was surprised Chelsea came in for him, as his career seemed to have been stagnating a bit lately and I thought he might be a good shout for us (before Chelsea came in for him) - but wages would have obviously been a problem, even more so as we would have had to compete with Chelsea (yes, that would never have ended well).
And I intended no serious criticism of our scouts - it's just that three players who were on my fantasy wish list suddenly all became available at once.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
How long before the last dance for Pardew. Next 2 games are home to Southampton in the cup then home to Huddersfield in the League so 2 defeats could see him having the last waltz.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here