Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Wayne Bridge yesterday

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
He was on Premier League Fanzone (sorry,it doesn't air in the UK and I haven't got a link) talking about each of the clubs he played for. He RAVED about his season with Brighton. Great stadium, great fans, great bunch of players. Said he enjoyed it so much he played through injuries that season..He also said we need a striker and an attacking midfielder.

He was quality that season, for sure.

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
He was on Premier League Fanzone (sorry,it doesn't air in the UK and I haven't got a link) talking about each of the clubs he played for. He RAVED about his season with Brighton. Great stadium, great fans, great bunch of players. Said he enjoyed it so much he played through injuries that season..He also said we need a striker and an attacking midfielder.

He was quality that season, for sure.

As was seeing his wife at games :drool:

coagulantwolf

Jun 21, 2012
At the time, I genuinely thought he loved playing for us too; was fantastic. Made it all the more baffling he then signed for Reading :ffsparr:

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
At the time, I genuinely thought he loved playing for us too; was fantastic. Made it all the more baffling he then signed for Reading :ffsparr:

Because when he was playing for us he was on loan from City and we were only paying something like 10% of his wages. Reading were able to offer him significantly more money than us to sign permanently (albeit on a one year deal).

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The squad we had at that time was good wasn't it ? I always remember the twitter video or something from when Craig Noone was hanging out at Bridges mansion in Surrey. He looked like a fan rather than a team mate

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Because when he was playing for us he was on loan from City and we were only paying something like 10% of his wages. Reading were able to offer him significantly more money than us to sign permanently (albeit on a one year deal).

I think that he saw it as he last pay day and took advantage of that. Similar travelling more wages who could blame him

coagulantwolf

Jun 21, 2012

I get they offered more money and in the majority of cases I'd understand. But he had been on big bucks at Chelsea and City, gone on loan to Sunderland and West Ham before us and not been at all in favour and not enjoyed it. Surely, after his career, you'd rather just enjoy your football for the last year or two, rather than still chasing the pay cheque ???

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I think that he saw it as he last pay day and took advantage of that. Similar travelling more wages who could blame him

Exactly. Seems quite amusing now that Reading had way more financial clout than us and Bridge was quoted as being "excited to play for a club pushing for promotion".

18th in the Championship and with dodgy foreign owners, how things change......

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I get they offered more money and in the majority of cases I'd understand. But he had been on big bucks at Chelsea and City, gone on loan to Sunderland and West Ham before us and not been at all in favour and not enjoyed it. Surely, after his career, you'd rather just enjoy your football for the last year or two, rather than still chasing the pay cheque ???

He probably knew that the game was nearly up with all his injuries catching up with him. After all, he only played 12 times for Reading and then retired. The extra few grand he got from them was probably enough to buy Frankie a Mercedes or something. Fair play to him.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Best LB I've ever seen in the stripes; better than even the great Harry Wilson!
Was sat near his Mrs up at Ipswich when he scored a a cracker, she went mental! Good on her.
Was that a New Years Day? Memory gone!

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Was sat near his Mrs up at Ipswich when he scored a a cracker, she went mental! Good on her.

I loved it that she sat with us away fans rather than in the player's guest section.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex

Easily the best .

He still got 30 + caps and had to compete with Ashley cole who was maybe the best left back I've seen.

That player we had that year was producing displays that if in top division the press would be going mental for more caps . He was brilliant . 9/10 minimum week in week out .

One of my favourites during the Amex times .

Pure class and lucky we saw him that season

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Bumped in to him in The Basketmakers one lunchtime.

What a nice fella

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here