Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Javier Hernandez

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
When I find myself in times of trouble Chicharito scores for me, Javier Hernandez, Little P

(To the tune of Let it Be)

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Was always going to move, wasn't it Moyes who shut him out of united in the first place?

100k a week, no chance.

130k isn't it ?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Wasn't exactly a success when he was playing for WHU

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Therein lies the problem, we cannot afford the going rate for Premier League quality strikers. Presumably this is why we keep buying Scandivian kids hoping that one will eventually prove good enough. Otherwise we have to rely on players past their prime with no sell on value, so that’s not going to happen either. I totally get why TB won’t destroy the wage system and so accept that we are really unlikely to get someone of the required quality. It’ll be no one or a flyer on some striker from a struggling European team.

Hey ho, if by some miracle we can survive with what we’ve got we may be more willing to up the wages across the board and get this elusive striker next year?

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Strikers cost the money. The little fella is absolute class.

Natural goalscorer and would suit us more than West Ham, but we're not going to treble our wage cap on a 3-4 year deal, it could cripple us.

That would take any deal to 30M+ for a 29 year old. You could argue that money would be worth spending if his goals kept us up (which I think they would but just an opinion), but we're ****ed if they don't.

Much more likely to go for a younger striker who could potentially play in the Championship. Unfortunately that's where we're at due to an abysmal summer.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Will go to a much bigger club than us.

We wouldn't be prepared to pay half his wages let alone all of it.

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Therein lies the problem, we cannot afford the going rate for Premier League quality strikers. Presumably this is why we keep buying Scandivian kids hoping that one will eventually prove good enough. Otherwise we have to rely on players past their prime with no sell on value, so that’s not going to happen either. I totally get why TB won’t destroy the wage system and so accept that we are really unlikely to get someone of the required quality. It’ll be no one or a flyer on some striker from a struggling European team.

Hey ho

All the club needs to do is find a striker who is:-

- 24 - 27 years old.
- Playing and scoring at a high level.
- Is underrated by his current club.
- Is yet to become noticed around Europe.
- Hasn't previously been bought for a large fee.
- Currently on a comparatively small contract.
- Sees The Albion as a stepping stone to a 'big 6' move.

Piece of piss there must be hundreds of these fellas, out there. :dunce:

Either that or be Boureima Hassane Bandé :bowdown:

Brovion

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 6, 2003
Natural goalscorer and would suit us more than West Ham, but we're not going to treble our wage cap on a 3-4 year deal, it could cripple us.

That would take any deal to 30M+ for a 29 year old. You could argue that money would be worth spending if his goals kept us up (which I think they would but just an opinion), but we're ****ed if they don't.

Much more likely to go for a younger striker who could potentially play in the Championship. Unfortunately that's where we're at due to an abysmal summer.

Aye there's the rub. IF we spend 30m plus and the striker keeps us up, well you can say, probably legitimately, that it was worth it. If however the gamble fails then we've blown 30m plus of money we could have used to help us get (re)promoted. In that instance it would have been better not to have wasted the money - but of course we only know it's money wasted retrospectively.

DFL JCL

Jan 8, 2016

- 24 - 27 years old.

And can play up front on his own

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

- 24 - 27 years old.

I think we all appreciate that it must be difficult (we are told it often enough) maybe they can change that to “impossible” if we fail again?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here