Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] O/T Cross Canada Railway holiday

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
As I have relatives on both Canadian coasts, I have always fancied getting the scenic train with the roof viewing car and cross Canada West to East.

Has anyone ever done it? It isn't cheap so is it worth the money?

Also any suggestions where to get it cheaper rather than be ripped off?

Thanks

heathgate

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 13, 2015
I researched it for 2017... the prices were approx 4k a head for the best seats etc, but when I started reading reviews, the main theme was the 2 days of nothing but wheatfields in the central portion of the country. Rocky Mountaineer section was very scenic and worth the trip, but we didn't fancy wasting more than 40 hours looking at farms.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
As above, it's mega expensive. Maybe board wherever the train starts in the Calgary area and travel to Vancouver. Looking at the scenery of Saskatchewan & Manitoba is akin to watching paint dry.

cirC

Jul 26, 2004
Tupnorth
My wife and myself did the Rocky Mountaineer section from Banff to Vancouver and we did the Gold carriage,though it was more expensive it did include all food and drinks plus the views.Well worth it IMOP.
That section is 2 days with lots of mountains and lakes on day 1 and Lakes and the Fraser canyon on day 2.The overnight stop was in Kamloops.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Consider taking out a second mortgage if you want the beat seats!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here