Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Ryan
Bruno-Duffy-Dunk-Suttner
Knockaert-Stephens-Kayal-Izquierdo
Groß
Murray​

Tricky choice this week with Schelotto, Bong and Goldson not really deserving of being dropped following good games against our last opponents. I did though, so it’s a completely rested back five, Knocky back for an out of sorts Solly, Kayal retains his place (he probably won’t though) Groß obviously returns and Murray starts following his screamer on Monday.

Feeling reasonably confident ahead of the game, they were rubbish when we played them at home and they now have Pardew in charge.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Ryan
Bruno-Duffy-Dunk-Suttner
Groß
Murray​

Tricky choice this week with Schelotto, Bong and Goldson not really deserving of being dropped following good games against our last opponents. I did though, so it’s a completely rested back five, Knocky back for an out of sorts Solly, Kayal retains his place (he probably won’t though) Groß obviously returns and Murray starts following his screamer on Monday.

Feeling reasonably confident ahead of the game, they were rubbish when we played them at home and they now have Pardew in charge.

BFG and Krul don't really deserve to be dropped either (but I expect they will be). Glad I'm not the person who has to make the choice (mind you, I probably wouldn't mind his wages for a couple of weeks!)

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I'd go with the same team so the OP, but think Propper will come back in.

IMO we looked much better on Monday with Stephens and Kayal in the middle.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
From the comfort of my living room it seemed Baldock made a real difference to the attacking options of the team against Palace. We had a forward who could run on to passes behind their defence. I would play him ahead of Murray or Hemed.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
On the basis that they are a big side with the turning circle of beached whales and the likelihood that we will enjoy little success in the air, I would go with ball on the ground and pace

Ryan
Bruno Duffy Dunk Bong
Stephens Kayal
Knockaert Propper Izquierdo
Baldock

Bench: Krul Schelotto Goldson March Gross Hemed Murray

Won't happen of course. The OP will be much nearer the mark.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
It bodes well for the future of our defence that not starting Connor Goldson is an agonising choice.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Ryan

Bruno
Duffy
Dunk
Suttner

Knockaert
Srephens
Kayal
Izquierdo

Groß

Murray

Subs : Krul, Schelotto, Goldson, Kayal, March, Hemed, Baldock

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Edited as only 1 Kayal :

Ryan

Bruno
Duffy
Dunk
Suttner

Knockaert
Stephens
Kayal
Izquierdo

Groß

Murray

Subs : Krul, Schelotto, Goldson, Pröpper, March, Hemed, Baldock

Last edited:

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
The team picks itself really despite Kayal's excellent performance on Monday.

Ryan

Bruno
Suttner
Dunk
Duffy

Knockaert
Izqueirdo
Propper
Stephens

Gross

Murray

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Ryan
Bruno-Duffy-Dunk-Suttner
Groß
Murray​

I'm getting very close to calling Schelotto first choice at right back. I don't know how much longer we can accept Bruno failing to win headers, being out-muscled in the box at set-pieces and being skinned now and again by quick wingers. He's so wonderful going forward, amazing touch and confidence on the ball, but its getting harder to ignore the issues at the back

dazzer6666

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I'm getting very close to calling Schelotto first choice at right back. I don't know how much longer we can accept Bruno failing to win headers, being out-muscled in the box at set-pieces and being skinned now and again by quick wingers. He's so wonderful going forward, amazing touch and confidence on the ball, but its getting harder to ignore the issues at the back

Agreed. Hurts to say so though [emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24] #legend

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
Mix it up a bit

Ryan
Bruno Goldson Dunk Suttner
Knockaert Kayal Gross Izquierdo
Baldock Murray

Krul, Schelotto, Duffy, Stephens, Propper, March, Hemed

Will never happen.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
On the basis that they are a big side with the turning circle of beached whales and the likelihood that we will enjoy little success in the air, I would go with ball on the ground and pace

Ryan
Bruno Duffy Dunk Bong
Stephens Kayal
Knockaert Propper Izquierdo
Baldock

Bench: Krul Schelotto Goldson March Gross Hemed Murray

Won't happen of course. The OP will be much nearer the mark.

I hope we've been practising defending set pieces

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here